NGD - Suhr content

Jakey

• Members

So, an update and more so a review.

The guitar is the most versatile instrument I have ever owned. One of the keys is the Suhr Coil Tap, which actually WORKS! As in the SC mode sounds like a SC and the HB mode sounds like a HB. The only thing I cannot get from the guitar is the heavy end of a Les Paul or a 335 jazzy neck pup sound. I'm sure they're in there somewhere, but haven't found those tones yet. It does Strat thru to Les Paul bridge pup all the way, and the coil tap is a great option for boosting solo's (play the song in SC mode, solo in HB mode)

The trem is a delight- totally stable, you can do 'trills' by turning the arm around like on a Floyd, but none of the stupid sensitvity of the Floyd Rose.

The neck is fabulous, not too slim, not too chunky. Very fast and there's something very tactile about the stainless frets (I also have to mention the quality of the fret dressing- perfection)

The heel joint is also great...I find myself flying up to the high part of a Bm pent scale like an exorcet compared to my strats.....

The finish is flawless (PRS could learn a lot from it by comparison!) and the Mother of Pearl/Abalone inlays absolutely stunning....

Now I know this is a boutique, master crafted instrument, and my expectations should rightly be high, but I cannot find a thing to fault it on. It is a seriously wonderful instrument (even aside from its looks) and an amazing all-round keeper.

I am in love.

My PRS is on eBay!!

Archived