Show your offbrand vintage cheapos!(sears, airline, harmony ECT...)

kishjor

• Members
Global SG Jr (sorta)
Zombie thread, arise!

I was searching for any info I could find on my old Global, and I came across this thread. I have exactly the same model. I bought it from a classmate of mine (or rather my dad bought it for me) when I was 13 years old. It was my very first guitar, and after taking lessons for about a year, my dad could see that I was really serious about it and he bought me a used Peavey T-60. I wish I still had that T-60, but I do still have the Global. For one thing, I have an attachment to it because it was my very first guitar. But also, I never thought of selling it because I was never that desperate for tens of dollars. It has some chips around the edges of the vintage clown burst body, but the original tuners still function on mine. It's actually disassembled right now because I decided to give it a thorough cleaning. I haven't even had strings on it since I was about 15 years old (so about 28 years ago). The only problem, other than some chips and scratches, is that the pick-guard (which still has the ornamental silk screening all the way around) is a bit warped. But I think I'll give it a fret job, change the pots and cap, and probably cut a new nut to replace the crappy plastic nut, and actually play it again. I think that the first time I play it again, I should turn it around and play it left handed, just to remind myself what it was like the first time I ever held a guitar in my hands.

Archived