Duff's book hardcover $3.99

magentaplacenta

• Members

Axl is not all dick. Many stories in both books point to the fact that he sometimes can be sweet-natured. Duff mentions for example that Axl was the only band member to take the time and ask about him after his pancreas exploded.

Axl is probably manic-depressive, and the condition was exacerbated by the circumstances surrounding the band. Duff strikes me as the most intelligent of the three. Izzy is probably the most intelligent of the lot.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mediocreplayer View Post
Axl is not all dick. Many stories in both books point to the fact that he sometimes can be sweet-natured.

there was a couple of stories like that in Adlers book, one where they were all on the set of a Clint Eastwood movie and Adler had to get rushed to hospital. When he woke up it was Axl who had been sitting there the whole time waiting to see how he was. For all his controlling weird ways he could also be genuinely caring. The main thing i get out of the books is Axl would piss them all off by delaying concerts, not being ready to go on. Adler said he thinks it was because Axl liked emotion in people, regardless of whether it was good or bad, but he wanted the crowd to be fired up even if it meant they were pissed off.

• Members

I've got a lot of respect for Duff and where he came from. He talks a bit about it here...

All those west coast punk guys worked their asses off for a lot of years.

It's interesting him and Cobain kind of came from the same place but ended up in such different bands....lol.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by soundcreation View Post
I've got a lot of respect for Duff and where he came from. He talks a bit about it here...

He's actually talking about the Vancouver punk scene of the early 1980's. It's from a documentary called Bloodied but Unbowed which talks about V-Punk and bands like D.O.A., The Subhumans and Art Bergmann. Here's a review.

Here's the trailer (NSFW):

Archived