Has PRS Shot Themselves In The Foot With Their SE Line?

Bbreaker

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai

View Post

Only problem PRS has is all their guitars are a little weaksauce. No Mojo anymore, than again I should have known this in 1992 when my 16 year old friends were buying them.

What the hell does this even mean? What a bull{censored} nonsensical statement...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey View Post
Once the Custom 24 became required gear for the nu metal crowd in the mid-late 90's, I lost interest. Then I heard what Alex Lifeson was doing with the bolt on, no frills CE 24, I bought one. It's a tremendously versatile guitar with undeniable ergonomics and it absolutely rocks my new Boogie Mark V (which Lifeson has also adopted).

Once PRS won its court battle against Gibson, they went vintage with not only the single cuts, but their Cu 22 And 24's with 50's voiced pickups. The HFS is once again available as an option on the new Cu 24.

They are definitely an American success story and I think that they helped throw down the gauntlet for Gibson and Fender to rethink the quality of their products.
I can't disagree with any of this. Some mighty fine music has been made on them too. Just not the guitar for me really, what can you say, it's all about personal preference.

Archived