Fender: Vintage Noiseless or Hot Noiseless?

DammitJanet

• Members

Ita a totally different ballgame with the EC Strat. Adding the mid-boost to the equation totally change's the frequency of the Vintage Noisless in the Clapton Strat. Talking Apple's and Orange's now. The Clapton are ALL equipped with Vintage Noiseless. I thought they sucked till I played then through that rig? I can't get over how good they sound in that guitar. The High Z frequency is changed over to a Low Z frequency in the Clapton. That doesn't happen with the Vinatge Noiseless in any other Strat.

• Members

Ita a totally different ballgame with the EC Strat. Adding the mid-boost to the equation totally change's the frequency of the Vintage Noisless in the Clapton Strat. Talking Apple's and Orange's now. The Clapton are ALL equipped with Vintage Noiseless. I thought they sucked till I played then through that rig? I can't get over how good they sound in that guitar. The High Z frequency is changed over to a Low Z frequency in the Clapton. That doesn't happen with the Vinatge Noiseless in any other Strat.

bah! i forgot all about the mid boost he had on his guitars.

sorry :wave:

• 5 years later...
  • Members

go cat go wrote:

Have you thought about Dimarzio Area 58's or 61's? These supposedly have that single coil bite and chime. I'm thinking about these for a future project.

If you must go noiseless, go dimarzio.   Of course there is kinman, if you are rich.

Personally, the closest thing I have used for that Gilmour 70's tone are Tex Mex's.  Can be had for a dime and are really good pickups.  Good for an alder strat, not so much ash.

Archived