Angry Music

Wrawl

• Members

I was listening to Slipknot's first CD a couple minutes ago, and it dawned on me that Slipknot doesn't even sound that angry. Their music doesn't make me feel angry. It's like, I know that they are angry, and I assume they want to express that through their music, but they're just not getting it done.

Which band would you guys consider to be the most angry sounding? My vote goes to Godsmack.

• Members

Slipknot is relaxing music. Far from angry. Same goes for bands like Cradle Of Filth, Korn, Metallica ect.

If you want some truly angry music, I have only one word to say: Helmet.

Get the "Strap It On" cd. Now that makes me wanna break someone's legs. Another disc that is quite agressive is Metatron by Praxis. There's actually a song on that cd named "Skull Crack" and the lyrics are: "Now you listen to me! And I'm only going to say it once; we are not sick men!"

The guy who says this sounds like John Wayne in some old western(it's a sample).

• Members
Originally posted by Dash OH drummer

is it just me or are there a ton of metal-heads on this forum?

It's a drum forum. Who the hell wants to play drums in a "rap" band? If you're a serious drummer, you probably play metal/rock/punk or jazz. Of course there is a lot of metal-heads here. :)

• Members

It's a drum forum. Who the hell wants to play drums in a "rap" band? If you're a serious drummer, you probably play metal/rock/punk or jazz. Of course there is a lot of metal-heads here.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not surprised there are a lot of metal heads here....what I find funny is that it seems all the people who post seem to be metal-heads...based on advice they ask for, equipment, etc. Don't see hardly any Jazz drummers around here anymore:(

• Members

SLAYER!!!!

Slayer just makes you want to go {censored} somebody up real good... depending on what song you're listening to. I'd say songs like War Ensemble, Serenity in Murder, and Reborn... yeah YOU know what the hell IM talking about... Makes me so pissed sometimes I could just {censored}ing MURDER somebody, ok, maybe not THAT pissed, but you get the point...

as for Pantera, I don't know, it really depends on what song with them, like if the song's not off from The Great Southern Trendkill, most likely you won't get that pissed. I'd recomend "The Great Southern Trendkill", "War Nerve", and "Suicide Note Part 2" off of that cd, their other cd's aren't THAT agressive.

yep... there's my opinion

• Members

Originally posted by Sector X

Um, Sir Enrico (and Wrawl) are you on drugs or something? Cuz Slipknot, Cradle of Filth and Pantera are not relaxing music.
:rolleyes:
Anyways I'd have to say that Slipknot is the angriest band I know of today.

I'm not on drugs...as far as I know anyway. I'm not sure as to why I find these bands relaxing. Perhaps when I first heared the Slipknot disc I though it aggressive but after a while it's just music. Cradle Of Filth was always a very romantic band to me. With all the stuff about lesbians and all that. :p

I'm not a huge Pantera fan but I've heared some of their stuff and didn't think of it as more aggressive than the Knot which, atleast to me, is relaxing.

• Members

Why would you want to BE angry ?!? I understand that things happen in life that we all get angry about, but I would never try to purposely get into that state of mind. It just seems like a huge waste of misdirected energy. Also whatever happened to variety ? I mean I can understand one or two angry songs on an album but the WHOLE thing ? JEEEEEZZZz ! And I'm not talking about doing ballads either. I know its "old school' for some of you but try listening to Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffitti" album. Its a double album and every song is great (IMO)and every song is different (fact). I'm sure I'll get flamed for my opinions but oh well, just make sure both sides are cooked evenly. Thanx.....:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Schenck

Why would you want to BE angry ?!? I understand that things happen in life that we all get angry about, but I would never try to purposely get into that state of mind. It just seems like a huge waste of misdirected energy. Also whatever happened to variety ? I mean I can understand one or two angry songs on an album but the WHOLE thing ? JEEEEEZZZz ! And I'm not talking about doing ballads either. I know its "old school' for some of you but try listening to Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffitti" album. Its a double album and every song is great (IMO)and every song is different (fact). I'm sure I'll get flamed for my opinions but oh well, just make sure both sides are cooked evenly. Thanx.....
:rolleyes:

angry music is cathartic

when i don't listen to metal for a long time i get more and more angry, i play or listen to metal and i get it out of my system and can go about my day.

• Members
Originally posted by ae5

angry music is cathartic

when i don't listen to metal for a long time i get more and more angry, i play or listen to metal and i get it out of my system and can go about my day.

O.K. thats understandable I guess we all have a somewhat cathartic relationship with music. Do you think it would be healthier in the long run to get help to address the source of your anger? It just seems if a person can't go without something for a stretch of time, like a drug or type of liquer, then there is surely a more serious underlying problem that should be dealt with. Again IMO. I'll get off my soapbox now.

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Schenck

Do you think it would be healthier in the long run to get help to address the source of your anger?

yes

however there are many sources of anger and one could dedicate their entire life to adressing them all and still never be able to deal with them.

i see what you're saying about drugs/unhealthy ways of dealing with your anger, but i do not feel that music is an unhealthy way to deal with anger. it is creative instead of destructive. turning your anger into something ultimately positive.

• Members

I don't know, I like angry sounding music the most, because... well I don't know why. I just think it sounds so damn cool to hear a guy screaming like he's so pissed off. It's like horror movies, they make you scared, so why do you watch them over a comedy movie, or a drama? because horror movies' fear that they put into you when watching them, they get you excited and more exhilarated, if that's the word, or even spelled right for that matter... But you get the point, to me, Zepplin's boring next to Slayer

• Members
Originally posted by ae5

but i do not feel that music is an unhealthy way to deal with anger.

I agree. I feel music is the best way to deal with anger. It's just a release of somesort; I can't really explain it.

Archived