I have the Conklin tone, get in here and be jealous

• Members

Ya know...

I've mentioned this before in here a long time ago, but Larry is my real life cousin and really a nice guy.  No {censored}, I'm not kidding.  I just saw him a couple weeks ago at my Mom's 80th birthday party.  A long time ago we used to call him "cousin Larry" with an eastern European accent like Balki from that old '80s TV sitcom "Perfect Strangers". 

I don't see him much anymore, only special occaisions, but I never had the nerve to tell him I knew of his fame on HCEG or YouTube.  Didn't want to embarass him. 

Here's a funny story from that day though.  I have a 17 yr old niece that is learning guitar.  I asked how it was coming.  Larry must have overheard.  A little while later my brother (who is aware of Larry's fame) and I heard him talking to our niece about guitar and mentioning the "dirty channel" of his infamous amp.  We both had to turn around and walk away to keep from laughing out loud.

Anyway, if you knew him like I do you'd like him.  A little clueless but a really nice guy. 

• Members

Alecto wrote:

I'm super-jelly, brah. :robotsurprised: I thought I was the shiznit for owning the Esteban toanz but you are officially a god among men. 

we're not worthy

Too funny and nice to hear about the real life Larry as well.  My vote for best thread EVAR!!!!

Archived