Ebay help, suspicious buyer making exagerated claims and sending guitar back modded

ForgetMeNacht

• Members

Here's the story. I work for the Ebay department of a pawn shop. One of my recents sells was that I sold a Schecter Devil Custom on Ebay for about 400 and I had 175 put into it.. Save a for a crack in a pick up ring and some belt buckle scratches, it was in good condition. Along with the pictures I posted, I linked it to a video of it playing with no problem. So it got sold, shipped out and I thought the story was over.

Far from it.

I get a case saying the guy who bought it was not happy with the bridge saying it was a Chinesse plastic and wanted an actual tone bridge. He told me the project would be $150. We saw the bridge he wanted was for 50 and offered that or he could send the guitar back and get a full refund with teh shipping. The guy went with the latter option and sent it back.

I unpacked it and notice something. What was once an EMG85 in the neck was now an EMG81 in it's place, making it an 81/81 combo. I sent him another message pointing out the issue. Before I left for the day, I herd back saying that the 85 was shortening out when he got it(never made mention of this issue and was working okay in the video) and replaced it but forgot to change it out.

I was suspicious that this guy is trying to nickle and dime to where he's getting something for next to nothing and on top of that, send the item back modified. Has anyone had this experience and know how to go about it?

• Members

You probably know this, but as an eBay seller you effectively have no rights. You're actually lucky he sent it back, rather than just filing a claim and keeping both the money and the guitar. Cut your losses, ban him from bidding on your stuff, and move on.

• Members

Promit wrote:

You probably know this, but as an eBay seller you effectively have no rights. You're actually lucky he sent it back, rather than just filing a claim and keeping 
both
the money and the guitar. Cut your losses, ban him from bidding on your stuff, and move on.

Yep, that's what I would do.

Archived