Recording with Fender Mustang amp...

blood5150

• Members

I was thinking of picking up the 99 dollar Fender Mustang for home recoding using my MacBook Pro...

The Mustang has a USB out and a speaker emulated headphone out.

My recording interface does not have a USB in for recording purposes...it only has XLR and Quarter inch...

My question is has anyone had any experience recording with the Mustang via the headphone/emulated out?

I think for 99 bucks there could be some value there...

Fender-Mustang-I.jpg

FenderMustang1large.gif

• Members

The USB plugs directly into the computer, no need for an interface. It will give you the same audio as the headphone output while letting you hear the amp. I've got a Mac and a Macbook and they play together decently, although the Fuse software's kind of buggy. I also can't figure out how to reduce the latency during recording (haven't had a latency problem in over 10 years before this).

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hmmm... I'm trying to figure out how to plug my Mustang I directly into my computer to record with Reaper and can't seem to figure it out. I downloaded the Fender ASIO driver but in the preferences>audio>devices window in reaper I can only select fender ASIO but not specify that I want the input to come from the mustang. How exactly are you doing it?? I'd be very grateful for any help, even though it looks like this post is pretty old;-)

Archived