So who is still getting it done after all these years?

Tone Deaf

• Members

The obvious answer is "Bruce Springsteen".  At 63 years old (and 40-plus years at it) he's still regularly touring the US, Europe and Australia, has produced more credible material in the last ten years than most top artists do in their first ten, and is one of the few artists who can open a show with a set from his most-recently-released album ...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with a lot of choices listed earlier, Kiss, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rush, Bruce, but I'll add some odd ones:

Green Day, they may still seem new but they've been gitn'r done for years.

Alice in Chains gets my respect for their last two releases.

Believe it or not, Rick Springfield's last two releases were career topping, songwriting quality wise. He writes his own stuff and does most of his own guitars.  His live band kicks ass too.

Van Halen - totally loved the new CD.

Blue Oyster Cult is still slogging around out there. Had the chance to do an extended interview with Eric Bloom a couple of years ago and didn't once mention MORE COWBELL!  :-)

Fleetwood Mac - no new material but still sounding good live. Same with the Eagles - their two disc release awhile back was a dissappointment.

Iron Maiden - anyone?

• Members

Roger Waters! The Wall is one of the best live shows I've EVER seen, and I've seen a lot of shows...

Furthur continue to impress. Bob & Phil have been playing at a high level (pun intended) for a loooong time.

Clapton's not touring much these day's but still is doing his Crossroads thing and standing toe to toe with some of the best on the planet.

Jeff Beck's being mentioned. I can't argue. JB's still amazing and unique.

My sleeper has to be Gov't Mule. GM's been going since the mid-late 90's and still putting out great cd's and mind-blowing concerts. If Warren Haynes had been born in 1940, he'd be a household name among guitar players. Since the corprate purchase and subsequent death of independant radio, this band get's little/no airplay. They continue to be worth a listen (I do all the time)...

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

David Coverdale keep bringing the foundation and makeup mainly but his pipes are doing the job

Meatloaf as much as he grates can still bring a bottle

and sadly, although now gone Gary Moore was just getting better and better

Coverdale always had a good voice.

Meatloaf sucks a 9 inch limp dik

Gary Moore is a legend..... off the chain beast of a player.

• Members

Alice in Chains - or maybe better to say Jerry Cantrell is still writing good music and playing strong.

Soundgarden - While I wasn't impressed with their last album, they really do rock in Concert.

Deftones - There last album, Koi No Yokan was amazing and their music has just gotten better over the years

Black Sabbath (especially Tony Iommi) - 13 was a really good album that stands up with their earlier work and their performance last week was really good.  Ozzy isn't quite what he use to be, but Tony and Geezer were really rocking it hard for two hours straight.

Archived