Logic Audio v. Cubase v. Pro Tools. v. Digital Performer

Guest Anonymous

• Members

Hey,

I think all this fuss about which program to use depends fully on what you're doing and what you like. Personnaly I'm just starting in the computer worl for audio. I've been working with multitrack recorders earlier . Personally i have gone straight to cubase.I haven't done any big things yet. I'm still getting my soundcard but I have used cubase on a friends and find it very good.Yes, it is a bit complicated to get started. Like you're checking out the manual all the time.But once you get started it's a very good program.also the plugins are plentiful for cubase(VST). Digital Performer is much more simple and basic. Good for recording audio straight. i sometimes recorded with digital performer. and then imported it to cubase and edited it there.

• Members

If u want something that adapts to whatever style of work you do , use Logic, but for commercial studios you will need Pro Tools, as it's often an industry standard. I'm currently using Cubase at college, but after what I've seen what Logic and Pro Tools can do, I'm ready to move on.

• 11 years later...

Archived