One Crash Poll

SheDrummer

• Members

Originally posted by SheDrummer

If you could have only one crash in your set-up, how many inches would it be?

If you have time, tell me what genre you play too.

I would have picked 15" had I been given the choice...

My Zildjian/CIE 15 is my very fav crash,,, perfect in every wayt, for blues, R&B, jazz, and Americana...

• Members

I appreciate your responses. Thanks to all of you who have posted here and voted. I always thought my answer to this question would be 18" but recently I have found that the 16" counterparts are often more musical.

While in the market for an 18" K Dark Crash, I played the 18" and the 16". The 16" was amazing and even the 80's metal looking dude who worked at Guitar Center said he always tells people that the 16" K Dark med-thin is "the best sounded cymbal in the room" and added "and I don't even play Zildjians". After banging on everything around I had to agree.

Are smaller cymbals often more musical and sweet or does it equally swing both ways? anybody?...........

• Members

I would take a Zildjian A 16" Medium crash were I to be limited to only one. I love mine; it's nice and versatile, and can be played effectively at almost any volume, and with just about any style, from showtunes to metal.

• Members

Originally posted by SheDrummer

Are smaller cymbals often more musical and sweet or does it equally swing both ways? anybody?...........

I think it goes both ways. I have a 16" AA medium and an 18" AA medium as well. 16" is by far my favorite of the two. However, I just bought an 19" AAXPosion crash and it sounds very musical to my ears. Loud quick response with a nice shimmering overtones and sustain. Good luck in your search!

Archived