Good to see ZORO playing with Lenny Kravitz again

steamyz

• Members

Yeah i agree with ya on what happen to Cindy blackman. I liked her drummer she his a solid player. I guess she's doing some jazz drumming or something. I don't like his hair either her looks like prince with cool glasses :cool: I wish he would bring back his fro.

Elliott

• Members

he does need the fro man! I never liked Cindy - though she was solid she was boring. BUT - then i saw ZORO play with him....and he's boring too.

Must just be Lenny! Who has long been thought over rated by many!

• Members

Lenny plays all the instruments on 90% of his music (at least he did, I'm assuming he still does), so any boring drumming can be attributed to him. Cindy and Zoro were/are probably just being professional and playing what Lenny wants. He ain't exactly Peart or Portnoy, but I like Lenny's drumming - he grooves.

• Members

Originally posted by steamyz

he does need the fro man! I never liked Cindy - though she was solid she was boring. BUT - then i saw ZORO play with him....and he's boring too.

Must just be Lenny! Who has long been thought over rated by many!

Sounds like somebody isn't very FUNKY here. You get wise. You start liking Zoro.

• Members
Originally posted by 2FunkyInHere

Sounds like somebody isn't very FUNKY here. You get wise. You start liking Zoro.

oh no - dont get me wrong...i like ZORO's work - he is an awesome drummer and a great teacher. Didn't care for him as much with Lenny this time around....Lenny's writing style drum wise doesn't turn me on much. Z is GREAT on classics though...and his knowledge of the funk is second to none!

• Members

Saw Zoro a few years back at a GC free clinic. Didn't know who he was at the time, and I didn't even know there was a clinic as I was just comming in to check cymbals out. Anyway, he played along with some old funk & R&B tracks. He's a solid groove drummer that has the ability to catogorize & break down funk stuff for beginner-mid level players. Didn't learn anything new, but then again, he's a full-time drummer, and I have a day gig so he's doing something right.

He was one of the few drummers (except myself-BRAG!) that I've heard able to play the groove Ed Greene did on The Jackson's tune "Shake Your Body To The Ground." It was actually originally done in 3 parts, but can be played at once with a little practice. Cool groove! Check it out! Great for left hand Hi Hat work

• Members

Originally posted by chorter

He was one of the few drummers (except myself-BRAG!) that I've heard able to play the groove Ed Greene did on The Jackson's tune "Shake Your Body To The Ground." It was actually originally done in 3 parts, but can be played at once with a little practice. Cool groove! Check it out! Great for left hand Hi Hat work

yeah, i saw him do that too. but it was like 3 or 4 years ago, so i really don't remember it.

• Members

Originally posted by steamyz

oh no - dont get me wrong...i like ZORO's work - he is an awesome drummer and a great teacher. Didn't care for him as much with Lenny this time around....Lenny's writing style drum wise doesn't turn me on much. Z is GREAT on classics though...and his knowledge of the funk is second to none!

You are funky. My apologies.

Archived