pearl rhythm traveler question

72 bonne

• Members

what do you guys/girls think about these? I'm looking for a first drum set for me and my 8 year old daughter. Do these have a nice sound to them or no. thanks

by the way neither one of us know how to play yet.

• Members

I think that the Rhythm traveler is great as a practice tool for people that already play. However, I wouldn't want to learn on one. I believe it sells for around $399, and comes with 2 stands and 2 cymbals.

If I were you, I would pick up this: PACIFIC FS SERIES FUSION DRUMSET for $425. This thing usually sells for around $650-$700, and lists for $1150.

With this kit, you'll need cymbals and a throne. If you check out the same sight, you can buy:

Zildjian Hi-Hats - $55

Pearl Throne - $40

18" Crash / Ride - $50

For $570, you'll have a full drumset that she won't grow out of anytime soon. Some other options might be the Pearl Soundcheck or Pearl Forum.

• Members

Either way, consider a used set instead of brand new. You might both hate it and end up selling in 6 months. Less $$$ lost buying used of that happens. The Pacific FS is definitely a step up from the Mapex, but the Mapex is a nice kit. I owned a Mapex Venus for a while and with good heads it can sound very good.

Archived