need a cheap snare.

• Members

First of all I'd like to say I'm not a drummer I just mess around with a cheap set I have in my basement and use it to record by myself sometimes. It needs a new snare since the one thats on it now is complete garbage, so what would be a good snare for less than $100. I don't want to spend any more than that and don't want to go used or anything.

• Members

hold out for just a little longer until you have 50 more dollars to spend. Then you could actually get something well made-- something you might not have to upgrade for quite a while. Most things in the hundred dollar price range aren't gonna be a big improvement over what you have already... not enough, at least, to justify spending $100.

case in point: i bought a Peace hammered steel snare drum online at Explorer's drums, for $109. That's absolutely dirt cheap as far as snares go, enough that i had some qualms as to its quality. It appeared to be pretty well made when it came in the mail, but now about 2 weeks later i'm starting to wonder if i got what i payed for. The thing can't stay in tune for crap, and there's one lug in particular that i think might be stripped. If they've got a warranty, or even a remote interest in having satisfied customers, i'm sure there's something they could do... but if not, nobody is under any obligation to help me out. bottom line, save up just a little more.

Archived