Sonor 3005 / S-class

tadams

• Members

I have a Sonor Force 3001 set (I think that's the model) and have been very happy with it. By my understanding, it's a very good starter set on par with the Tama Rockstar or Pearl Export.

You'll definately want to play with it first. I didn't... just bought off ebay. However, it is of course, a good idea to try before you buy. Anyway, I can testify to the quality. Very nice set. Good hardware. Nice sound.

PS.... A drummer friend of mine came over and played my set and said he liked it better than his Export set. :D

Disclaimer: I am new to drumming, so am probably not the best one to review, but I read several reviews on the net before I bought and couldn't be happier with the set.

Good luck :D

• Members

I have a Force 3003 set & like them a lot. I believe that the 3005s are pretty similar. The biggest difference appears to be this: The 3003s are 3 plies maple, 3 basswood, 3 more maple. The 3005s are 9 plies maple. I believe the hardware has been revised somewhat, but I haven't heard much about that. You might have a look at the SonorMuseum boards here: http://www.logsdon.biz/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Best - Bodinski

Archived