Serious (and probably stupid) q about Meg White

Johnstinkpants

• Members

Yeah, check out her live performances and you see just how bad she is. I remember seeing them at MTV music awards or something a few years back and have never been so horrified by such awful timing from a "pro" musician. Simple kick-snare {censored} was an absolute struggle for her.

With the studio stuff, it's hard to tell just how much they fix her sloppy playing, if she's even playing at all. :o

• Members

Originally posted by Johnstinkpants

I don't play the drums and know very little about them so I was just curious as to what it is that makes Meg White so bad?

Explained in lamen's terms please!

Note: I neither like or dislike her drumming, just wondering

Everything she does. Layman enough for you?;)

I have a four year old niece that loves to get on my kit and beat on it and she has a better sense of rhythm, time and feel and plays with more imagination than Meg White ever dreamed of. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by headmasterchaos

I wonder why they're (still) famous? Do so many people REALLY listen to this stuff or...? One would think that if the albums weren't selling, they'd pull the plug.

Unfortunately, yes, people like them. I know a few folks at work who dig them. :(

• Members

I did some gigs for a band recently that did some White Stripe covers. Fortunately they gave me a little bit of freedom with the drum parts, so I pretty much did what I wanted. they are actually fun tunes to play to as long as you don't have to play the crap she plays note for note.

• Members

I wonder why they're (still) famous? Do so many people REALLY listen to this stuff or...? One would think that if the albums weren't selling, they'd pull the plug

When I first saw the White Stripes I really didn't like them, and I think that was mostly due to seeing Meg play...but what I've heard of their latest album I've actually kind of liked. Not enough to go out and purchase it, but I think I'll be okay as long as I don't have to see her play again...

• Members

Originally posted by ulank

Yeah, check out her live performances and you see just how bad she is. I remember seeing them at MTV music awards or something a few years back and have never been so horrified by such awful timing from a "pro" musician. Simple kick-snare {censored} was an absolute struggle for her.

With the studio stuff, it's hard to tell just how much they fix her sloppy playing, if she's even playing at all.
:o

yea i think jack plays the drums for the studio {censored}. meg couldnt handle that

Archived