JSimms

sydfan

• Members

Originally posted by nklarow

What? Do you go up to strangers and say, "Hey, you look pretty stupid, what's up?"

I didn't say he looked stupid. I was reading through some of his posts and he seems like a high strung guy. I even put a smile in there so he'd know I meant no ill intent.

Whodathunk you drummers would be so sensetive!!!

• Moderators

Originally posted by sydfan

I didn't say he looked stupid. I was reading through some of his posts and he seems like a high strung guy. I even put a smile in there so he'd know I meant no ill intent.

Whodathunk you drummers would be so sensetive!!!

Like the one where he actually objected to you using the term "darky."

You have yet to figure out that the entire HC forums are not OJ, dude.

:wave:

:freak:

• Members

You seem like a pretty uptight dude. What's your story?

:)

Dude. What is this, Troll 2.0? You have 42 thousand posts, so you'd have to be a pretty dedicated troll.

Simms is a human being just like the rest of us. What about you? Got any more racial inside-jokes for us?

/w

• Members

You seem like a pretty uptight dude. What's your story?

:)

You know I was working on a book deal for my autobiography, but my agent said that they were only offering me a 2 million dollar advance, so I said screw it. I'm worth more than that.

• Moderators

Why on earth would anyone ACTUALLY use the term "darky" and mean it? It's so over the top that it's ridiculous.

Bah. This should be called the no fun forum.

You people can't handle a star like me.

:mad:

That's why I said that you forget you're not in OJ! :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by Actionsquid

That's why I said that you forget you're not in OJ!
:idea:

Ironically, that seems to be the place where people have the proper perspective on that petty crap.

If someone called me a dumb polak to my face, I'd laugh. And the "problem" goes away. Simple as that. But apparantely I'm uncivilized, so what do I know.

• Members

If having relatively intelligent discussions that rarely devolve into screaming matches, and wanting to keep things that way, is babyish, so be it.

I dont think theres too many guys on this particular forum who are looking for a fight. I guess they can go to OJ for that.

So If your gonna come around and try to stir stuff up, 9 out of 10 times you'll fail.

We all seem to be able to iron out our differences in a fairly humane way. Why would you want to upset the apple cart?:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by mraia

If having relatively intelligent discussions that rarely devolve into screaming matches, and wanting to keep things that way, is babyish, so be it.

I dont think theres too many guys on this particular forum who are looking for a fight. I guess they can go to OJ for that.

So If your gonna come around and try to stir stuff up, 9 out of 10 times you'll fail.

We all seem to be able to iron out our differences in a fairly humane way. Why would you want to upset the apple cart?
:rolleyes:

I'm not looking for a fight man. I'm joking around. But I did read a few of Jsimms responses to a few other things and it seems to me that he's a pretty serious, uptight guy. I just asked him about it. I even smiled hoping that he would understand that I'm not trying to stir anything, just asking what he's about.

There's no screaming match. But man, it's unbelievable to me that you guys take yourselves so seriously.

• Members

[...] I did read a few of Jsimms responses to a few other things and it seems to me that he's a pretty serious, uptight guy. I just asked him about it. I even smiled hoping that he would understand that I'm not trying to stir anything, just asking what he's about.

[...]

I am a serious person--Which I suppose can be confused with being uptight. Personally, I would not categorize myself that way.

Now, you want to talk about drums?

• Members

Originally posted by JSimms

I am a serious person--Which I suppose can be confused with being uptight. Personally, I would not categorize myself that way.

Man, your taking a lot of unwarranted crap this week!! and its only Tuesday!

Sorry to have contributed to that!

• Members

Originally posted by JSimms

Sure. I have a Yamaha Custom Absolute kit. The floor tom and bass drum are maple, while the 14", 12" and 10" toms are birch. I thought the maple would really bring out the depth of the larger drums, while the birch would offer a mellow counter. I use a cheapy Premier 6 1/2" snare that I really love.

I used to have a Zildjian 22" ride, and who knows how old it was, but it was one of those lifetime keepers, and I quit playing drums about 13 years ago and sold it. Then 5 or so years ago I bought this Yamaha kit. The only thing missing is that old 22" ride.

:(

Archived