trueline power grip sticks

tmetaler

• Members

My opinion is that this is pure gimmick. Learn to use normal sticks, and you'll be golden, rely on a gimmick like this, and you'll just put yourself in a bad situation when you break your last pair, or you're in a position to sit in somewhere, and they don't have the goofy-ass power grip.

To me, This stuff is a crutch. Is it bad to use a crutch? Depends. Do you have a broken leg? What's wrong with your normal sticks?

/w

• Members

nuttin! i just wanted to see if these were like more comfortable! im in no way a loose grip with my sticks, i just wanted to see what yalls experience was with these and if they were cool then give em a try. yknow, just experiment a little, right? i would go and buy someting like that surplus (i aint gots the dollars). hell, my sticks are the novas that you get in MF for $30 for a pack of 12!

• Members

These sticks are in no way a gimmick. They work exactly as advertised and absolutely great. However, I will agree that you are better off playing with normal sticks if possible. I had no choice but to start using these. I torn up my right wrist playing baseball (diving into a base) and then again even worse a few years later while snowboarding. After 2 surgeries, I couldn't play for more than 10-15 minutes before I was in alot of pain. The last surgery was 10 years ago and it is still not much better just because of the scar tissue and what they had to fix. My grip is still very strong, but it just can't take the repetitive motion anymore. Luckily, I was actually playing guitar in my band back then so I wasn't forced to try to play longer. I could probably play 1 whole set with regular sticks now, but I would definitely feel it. With the Trueline sticks, I can make it through a whole gig of 3 to 4 sets with minimal soreness toward the end of the night. I can still play with regular sticks just fine, just not for as long. But I was also playing for 15 years already when I switched over so it's not like someone fairly new starting out in the wrong direction. I agree that most guys should be using normal sticks, but don't write off the Truelines completely because they do work extremely well and they do allow you to use a more relaxed grip.

• Members

Originally posted by tmetaler

thnks!! just gimme the base image and ill put some cool {censored} on there!

Very well. I should be at my office some time tomorrow (I've been meaning to email the source home). I have a larger version of it in .psd format that I usually put the new material into, make it flaming, and then flatten and shrink it down. The biggest issue that you'll deal with is that the flames in the .psd are lots of detail info, and the final output needs to be compressed pretty heavily to get it under 10k. Anyway, is .psd good for you, or do you want me to make a flattened, larger-resolution .jpg for you?

/w

• Members

Originally posted by blinz

I could probably play 1 whole set with regular sticks now, but I would definitely feel it. With the Trueline sticks, I can make it through a whole gig of 3 to 4 sets with minimal soreness toward the end of the night. I can still play with regular sticks just fine, just not for as long.

As usual, I'm very comfortable standing corrected on this. :thu: Thanks for the info. Wrist pain is a bitch, glad to hear these have helped.

As I said in the other thread... provided everybody plays nice, disagreement is the entire point of a forum like this. I was wrong, and now, the next time somebody says, "I may have to quit playing because of my wrists..." I'll have a suggestion about these goofy-ass sticks! :thu:

/willy

• Members

Originally posted by WillyRay

Very well. I should be at my office some time tomorrow (I've been meaning to email the source home). I have a larger version of it in .psd format that I usually put the new material into, make it flaming, and then flatten and shrink it down. The biggest issue that you'll deal with is that the flames in the .psd are lots of detail info, and the final output needs to be compressed pretty heavily to get it under 10k. Anyway, is .psd good for you, or do you want me to make a flattened, larger-resolution .jpg for you?

/w

i think the larger-res .jpg would be better... unless of course fireworks can take a .psd (can it? thats the only image editing software i have, and im not familiar with that format)... ill PM you my email

• Members

I definitely agree with you though that normal sticks are the better way as a general rule, especially for learning. If you ever get a chance to try a pair of these Truelines though, go for it. They are pretty cool. The real pain is that they are not cheap and few local shops carry them. I bought every pair they had left when Mars Music went out of business so I got most of mine cheap.

Archived