Favorite Cymbal of all time?....

sherman22

• Members

I'm an old K guy. I started collecting them in '80's when they were affordable. This drummer I know who also makes snare drums used to get them shipped out from the east coast. Right now I've got 1 22, 2 20's, 3 18's and a couple of 14" hi hat sets. At one time I had a very sick 22" old stamp K that I sold on Ebay for $1400 to some Japenese guy who probably has a fake jazz club in his basement. I took the $1400 and bought an 18" and 20" that are just about my ideal jazz cymbals from a drum shop owner I know. That 20" is the best cymbal I've ever owned.

• Members

I still have it and it turns out to be a collector. An 18" High China Boy "Platinum" It has deafened at least 2 bass players and brought thunder to my soul. IT KICKS HARD!!!:thu:

And it's still safe and secure and full protected packed away with my original snare.

• Members

...oh yeah..duh, 16" A custom fast crash

The 16" A Custom fast crash is indeed awesome. In fact, I think it's only down side is that it's *too* awesome. My 16" sounds like the perfect crash whenever I hit it, but for some reason it seems that the cymbal has less soul than my other less "perfect" sounding cymbals that have a broader range of sounds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

14" Zildjian K Custom Dark top, married to A Custom Projection Bottom... were fantastic. I sold them

16 and 18" K Custom Dark Crashes...... really brite for being so dark. Beautiful crashes.

21" K Custom Special Dry Ride was fabulous.

22" K Custom High Definition Ride as well.......

I regret selling those.

Im really liking this 24" Paiste 2oo2 Ride at the moment.

I had a 22" Paiste Signature Power Ride that had a ping that cut through everything and was very bright. Regret having to sell that.

In 32 years Ive only owned two cymbals I didnt like a whole lot, 16" A Zildjian Thin Crash that once hit, never ever stopped giving tone and a 20" Earth Ride....... that was pretty, and not much else to it.

• Members

17" Paiste Signature Full Crash. I've had it for about 18 months now and when I set up in a room I get someone to hit this on it's own while stand out front and it tells me how the room will sound.

I've also just got me a pair of 14" Paiste Sig Dark Crisp hats that - to me - are just perfect. The fact that they're replacing 2002 medium hats says quite a lot. Yes, I'm a Paiste fan but I do try other brands/models before I buy, the Sig's do it every time.

The sig's are great!

I have a pair of 14 inch Signature medium hats.

Warm. Bright. Musical. Tone-y. Smooth. Glassy. Not harsh.

:thu:

Archived