I wish that Sonor drums were cheaper...

sherman22

• Members

Yup...they're expensive.

But I think other manufacturers make drums that sound amazing for less $$$.

In fact, I think almost every other manufacturer makes top-of-the-line drums that sound amazing for less $$$ - except maybe OCDP and Brady.

...and here comes Aqua...

• Members

The way to buy high end Sonor is used. I see deals all the time. You just have to know where to look. About a month ago, I saw an 8/10/12/14/16/22 Delite kit in azure birdseye go for $1750. I almost jumped on it. But I had second thoughts at the last minute because I knew the guy had something else going up for sale that I wanted more. Turned out I didn't like the configuration of that kit once I saw it, and I let the deal of the year go through my fingers. But those deals are out there. You just have to pay attention to the right places.

• Members

I was just watching a steve smith video I posted yesterday, and, I remember playing them when I was younger, those drums had great tone, but I remember them being like 4,000 bucks. As for my DW's, I am very happy, couldn't be happier..:thu:

Just saying...

• Members

Well, at the store I go too, most DW and Pearl Reference kits are about a grand cheaper than they said they can do Sonor for. I'm just saying, they make bad ass sounding drums, I used to play them when I was younger, and Steve Smith always had amazing sound, but I was pricing a 4 piece set, and dude at the store was giving me a price that I don't want repeat hear, lets just say it wasn't out of reach of the 5,000 mark. So, I was just commenting, that I wish Sonor made their drums a little bit more affordable, thats all, I still love my DW's,

Just a conversation starter....

• Members

Paiste is some expensive stuff, I actually dont think Sonor is that bad on their lower to mid-range kits, the 3005's aren't as expensive as Maypex and all that.

I can't say I know to much about their high end kits.

• Members

This reminds me of a stupid man i once met. He claimed he wanted "the best". When he was told how much "the best" cost's......he declined. So in the end...he could've payed slightly more for the best...but instead saved just a bit more...and didn't get the best. His friend bob payed an extra $1,000 (whoopee dee, if you're already spending 4K....what difference does another K make?) and now has "the best". The "stupid man" is now jealous.

On another note....are saying Steve Smith is wrong?

And even worse...are you saying jesus can't hit a curveball?!?!?!

• Members

Was in a new music shop today (to me) in Jacksonville. Music Depot. The DWs Collectors aren't really cheap either. The suggest. retail price on the 5 piece fusion sizes were just over $6,000 and the 7 piece was just over $8,000! Of course the guy did say that they could work on prices.

The guy knew drums and had quite a selection in stock!

• Members

A big part of the reason high-end Sonors are so expensive is because they're German made...same with the Swiss-made Paistes. The fact that they're made where they are alone doesn't make them better than others, but if they have what you want then there really aren't any other options...

-Duardo

• Members

Recently ordered a set of 2002's. Because I always wanted them, but could not afford them until now. Sometimes wanting the best and what you can afford are two different things. But at the same time I agree with Aqua when you are spending 4K anyways, what's another K?

Archived