OT: Police Reunion Rumors Heating Up

ArtVandelay

• Members

I've been listening to the same rumor for 23 years now. Frankly, I'm not sure if I'd WANT them to reunite at this point. Stewart's slowed down a step, IMHO, and their performance at the R&R HOF wasn't up to par.

Add to that the fact that Sting really looked like he didn't like being around Stewart, and I think a full blown reunion is a longshot at best.

Guest Anonymous

I think I remember Stewart Copeland saying that he'd be willing to reunite but Sting doesn't want to.

Not his exact quote but it was the last thing he said in the article a few months back when he was featured on MDs cover.

• Members

Originally posted by YOSOYDRUM

I think I remember Stewart Copeland saying that he'd be willing to reunite but Sting doesn't want to.

Not his exact quote but it was the last thing he said in the article a few months back when he was featured on MDs cover.

That's correct. He's been really creating a reunion bandwagon and I think Summers is into it. Sting's the one who doesn't want to at this point.

• Members

Copeland did some very interesting stuff a few yrs back with Les claypool called Oysterhead. Pretty good but ya gotta be in the mood for it. It also features Trey Anastasio from(i hate to say it) Phish. It was interesting to see 3 guys from different walks of life make an album.

• Members

Originally posted by carson

Copeland did some very interesting stuff a few yrs back with Les claypool called Oysterhead. Pretty good but ya gotta be in the mood for it. It also features Trey Anastasio from(i hate to say it) Phish. It was interesting to see 3 guys from different walks of life make an album.

I listen to that album off and on. Its ok. Some of it is better than other parts of it.

Its not as good as youd wish, though.

• Members

It's all about the money. When the numbers crunchers run it past Stung, eventually he'll have to agree to it. They'll go out and do their reunion tour. Copeland and Summers will be able to fill their coffers from it, and Stung will add yet another truckload of money to his swelling bank accounts, I'm sure. Copeland and Stung will depart once again, pissed at one another.

• Members

Originally posted by aqualung211

Mraia, you need to {censored} off, i'm tired of all your negative vibes, they're ruining my bright rays of sunshine!
:mad::D

Sting OWNS you, i'll sell as much meth as i need to ta' see this {censored}!

consider me {censored}ed off if you EVER get to see Sting and the boys play together again.

• Members

Originally posted by aqualung211

HAHA!!

I hope you have a camera so i can see the look on your face when i {censored}in own you with pics from the show.

Dude,

I will get on my knees for you if you EVER get to see the Police tour.

THATS how confident I am that it wont happen.

Oh Christ, I think I just bet Aqua a bj:( :( :( :cry: :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by mraia

Dude,

I will get on my knees for you if you EVER get to see the Police tour.

THATS how confident I am that it wont happen.

Oh Christ, I think I just bet Aqua a bj:(
:(
:(
:cry:
:cry:

You're on bitch!groovy.gif

Prepare for a taste of Aqualungs piping hot love custard!

and if i lose, i'll go down on you

're wife!naughty.gif

• Members

Originally posted by mraia

LOL

Sorry Kiddo, Ms.Mraia is all mine. Her I dont share, especially with a deviant like you:D
:D

You don't think she'd mind my red hot Lenguiza (portugese sausage fyi) down your esophagus?

Sounds like a double standard to me.:D

Ya know, i really don't want you to suck my dick, but i'm going to let you just to prove a point. And call me Sting when you do it.evillaugh.gif

• Members

Originally posted by carson

I love Primus (Claypool) and I loved the Police and Stewart's drumming with them. I don't like Phish. Overall, the Oysterhead stuff is "ok", but not great. Saw them live an it too, was "ok", not great.

Shows to go ya' that "bands" are often bigger and better than the sum of their individual parts. Primus (with Claypool, Tim Alexander, and Larry LaLonde) is SOOOO much better than the Oysterhead stuff, even though some people might argue that Claypool is the driving force in that band. Copeland's drumming was MUCH better in the context of the Police, and the Police blows Sting's solo stuff away. I have no opinoins on Phish, but I imagine a Phish fan would like Phish much better than Oysterhead.

Once again, the concept of the "supergroup" fails to deliver, IMHO. Still, decent music, somewhat interesting....but nowhere near the quality of each of these guys' other bands, IMHO. I guess that's what they mean by "chemistry".

One other thing: I'm happy for Aqua....at least now he has a (very very slim) chance of getting some action. Prior to Mraia's loving offer, he didn't even have that going for him. Maybe the prospect of finally getting some will calm him down a little bit. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Old Steve

Shows to go ya' that "bands" are often bigger and better than the sum of their individual parts. Primus (with Claypool, Tim Alexander, and Larry LaLonde) is SOOOO much better than the Oysterhead stuff, even though some people might argue that Claypool is the driving force in that band. Copeland's drumming was MUCH better in the context of the Police, and the Police blows Sting's solo stuff away. I have no opinoins on Phish, but I imagine a Phish fan would like Phish much better than Oysterhead.

dingningningningningning!

also, think of the bands who've stuck together and become soft and moldy.

the former police are too old and soft to pull off the kinda {censored} we'd expect from them.

Archived