Anyone know anything about OSP drums?

ulank

• Members

This guy at work is wanting to get back into drums and OSP is what he's looking at. Here's a link to an ebay auction -

OSP

Something tells me this is a very scary, poopy kit, but I've never even heard of it. I want to help this guy out, but he seems intent on getting a 7 piece, and wants hats, a ride, 2 chinas, 3 crashes and a splash, plus double bass pedals, all for around $800. :freak: :freak:

My goal is to convince him to go with a used 5 piece of slightly higher quality (maybe pacific?) and start with a decent cymbal pack and double pedal and build over time, because I fear he's just throwing money away if he goes this route...I mean, $330 for an entire drum set with cymbals and hardware?! :freak: :freak:

Anyone have any other suggestions for this price range? Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by nklarow

I don't know about the drums, but I have a set of 4 OSP mics, plus an OSP kick drum mic, and I say they sucks. I looked at the drums, and I think they suck to. I wouldn't even think of buying them.

Wow. That's a lot of suck. :eek: Thanks! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by T Hofmann

tell your friend he's extremely fortunate that he's exempt from the 'get whatcha pay for' rule.

If the set isn't {censored}, the auction's a scam.

No, the auction is for real, but the whole company makes {censored} items, so I'd stay away. Even for beginner stuff, I think their products suck.

• Members

Yeah, this is kind of what I figured, but you never know if there are some hidden gems out there.

I emailed him saying he should really consider scaling back on all the gear he wants, particularly for his budget and get something used that's more durable and available (like an Export, or Pacific) as he'll have an easier time adding on down the road due to the sheer quantity of these kinds of kits.

I hate to be the guy to burst someone's bubble, but I'm hoping he'll realize I'm trying to save him from doing something very, very bad! :idea::evil:

• Members

Originally posted by nklarow

It really chaps my ass when newbies say they want the 8 piece double bass kit, insist on getting it, and then thats the reason they say exports suck.

Indeed. I told him "sure, bigger may be more fun for you, but how much fun will it be when lugs start EXPLODING off that thing?! :freak: "

• Members

Originally posted by ulank

Indeed. I told him "sure, bigger may be more fun for you, but how much fun will it be when lugs start EXPLODING off that thing?!
:freak:
"

I'd like to think that every one can start out on a 4 piece, and I'm gonna completely ignore Aqua right now.

Archived