Please help Beginner buy a kit... Thoughts on Sonor 503 drum set??

BSTEboy50

• Members

Hey guys I saw the following posting in a local classifieds site and was wondering if its worth plunking down $350-$400 on this set.

"Sonar 503 with Zildjian ZBT cymbals (crash, ride, hi-hat). Sabian splash and china. New Remo heads. Comes with all hardware including cymbals/boom stands, throne, etc. Nearly new! Only a few hours use. Price negotiable."

Also, I found this description of the drums online:

"Sonor Force 503- 9-ply basswood shells covered finishes. Low mass lugs.

Chinese made entry level kit."

I am a guitarist, but want to purchase a drum set to have around the house and start practicing a few hours a week. Do you think this is a good deal? Would this setup suffice for someone who wants to play modern rock music?

Thanks for your help guys, I'm completely ingnorant when it comes to drum hardware. Thanks.

• Members

Thanks so much for your input guys! I'm checking the set out tonight. Also, I found this set below for the same price ($350)... do you think this is a better deal??

"Pearl export series drum set with Sabian b8 High hat and Sabian B8 Crah ride, stool and 2 pairs of sticks. Ten year old, minimally used "

Again, thanks so much for your input guys. I'm a totally newbie when it comes to this and feel a bit lost. If you guys need any advice with guitars I'd be happy to return the favor. :thu:

• Members

"Pearl export series drum set with Sabian b8 High hat and Sabian B8 Crah ride, stool and 2 pairs of sticks. Ten year old, minimally used "

:thu:

I didn't know B8 crash/ride exists, but I have sabian b8 hihat/crash16"/ride20". Those two you mentioned alone are worth over $100.

• Members

Thanks so much for your input guys! I'm checking the set out tonight. Also, I found this set below for the same price ($350)... do you think this is a better deal??

Again, thanks so much for your input guys. I'm a totally newbie when it comes to this and feel a bit lost. If you guys need any advice with guitars I'd be happy to return the favor.
:thu:

I am going to smack you so fucking hard if you buy that Export.

Archived