Wuhan Chinas $20 Bucks?!?!?!

jacoe99

• Members

wuhan chinas are hit and miss, some sound great, others sound like {censored}. the key is being able to pick the one you want in person, say at a music store, rather than purchasing online. i was able to find a 16" at guitar center for 30 bucks, and it sounds really good. i had to try a few though before i found one that i liked. they are just inconsistent is all.

• Members

Wuhans are more then what they are worth. I got an 18" Wuhan for 25 bucks and I would have spent more then $100 on the sound that it gives me.

Like others have said before they are hit or missed, you have to look for a diamond in the rough, but when you do it's all worth it.

• Members

Here's my suggestion.. i picked up a 16"..was a little too "gongy" so i returned it and got a 14"... LOVE IT!.. i get so many compliments on the sound of it...i then picked up a 12".. not so great but still use it on my kit.. when you hit it by itself(the 12"), it sounds crappy.. but when playing with the whole kit and other instruments, it doesn't sound as bad... i would definitely go with the 14"... I'm NOT using this as a promo.. ha ha.. but i use it in some vids i posted on my my space.. you can hear how it sounds recorded there.

Rock on,

Jon

• Members

I'd buy a 14" or larger, since the small ones break incredibly easy and the sound isn't as great, IMO. And again, they are very hit and miss.

I'd be curious to know what people are doing to break their Wuhans so easy. I use an almost entire Wuhan set up and I just recently broke my 20" china after 6 years of playing on it, including my beginning years when I didn't know how to hit my cymbals and was using Matt Sorum Ahead sticks.

I have a 12" China that I blast on all the time and I have had zero problems with it. Same with my splashes, same with my crashes.

• Members

I'd be curious to know what people are doing to break their Wuhans so easy. I use an almost entire Wuhan set up and I just recently broke my 20" china after 6 years of playing on it, including my beginning years when I didn't know how to hit my cymbals and was using Matt Sorum Ahead sticks.

I have a 12" China that I blast on all the time and I have had zero problems with it. Same with my splashes, same with my crashes.

I don't know, it could've been that I've only been playing for 6 years and when I got the 12" I didn't really know how to mount cymbals. I had that thing choked, but I do know that a lot of people do break the 12"s.

Archived