Evans' Genera Dry heads

dRUMMERgIRL27

• Members

anyone play with these? I've really learned to like them! but I play hard rock and hit hard.

What other ones would give a good crack? :confused:

i haven't explored a whole lot outside of Evans.... I would appriciate any suggestions.

I play a 14" Tama Starclassic...10ply maple. I've had issues with this snare and sometimes hate it after playing different snares at guitar center:mad:

I use to love it and i've started to like it again with the dry heads, but still not really what im looking for :confused:

• Members

...she said "crack"

BeavisButthead-711924.jpg

The DRY (IMO) stifles a bit of low end response, as well as stick response. They are nice loud drumheads, but tend to damp the snares a bit. The Sc is a very nice snare, and needs to "breathe."

My favorite snare batter head (hands down) is a coated reverse power center, or similar. They are durable, and just right for so many uses.

"If a man says something in the woods, and there is no women around to hear it...is he still wrong?"

• Members

YES!! Beavis and Butthead!

Maybe thats why i like them... playing live, against a band I have overtone issues. The dry kills the snare sound and i hate it, but it beats having the ringing from the toms and the overtone

:(

Do the heads with dampners help with that?

• Members

YES!! Beavis and Butthead!

Maybe thats why i like them... playing live, against a band I have overtone issues. The dry kills the snare sound and i hate it, but it beats having the ringing from the toms and the overtone

:(

Do the heads with dampners help with that?

A friend of mine has a copper DW snare, and he swears by the genera ST dry.

Possibly a square of moongel would damp the excess you are after. You can always split the square and use one at 10 o'clock and one at 5.

In the old days, it was a penny taped to the snare...or a wallet...

• Members

I use the Genera HD Dry 2 ply head on my snare and I love it!!! I get an amazing crack out of it, and it loves to be tuned high...I get excellent stick response, plenty of rebound, and it refuses to dent or wear on me no matter how hard I hit it :D

Archived