Wonder how to start a "WoodStick" in my area?

PHLLP

• Members

Just guessing that you'll need a venue, and need a bunch of drummers, right?

Ok, the venue is pretty easy....VFW halls, etc. will all rent you space. If you want to do it outside, contact the local parks and rec department.

Marketing (attracting drummers) is the tricky part. You can post things on the internet, send press releases to local papers, post stuff in music stores, etc.

What might REALLY work is if you approach your local music store and ask them if they'll sponsor it. Maybe they'll even let you do it in their parking lot (who wouldn't want to bring a bunch of potential customers to the store?!?). The advantage there would be that they could promote it as part of their own advertising/marketing. If it's a big box store (i.e. GC or Sam Ash) they probably have some discretionary ad dollars that they could spend to promote it. Worst case, they'd at least be letting all of their customers know about it.

Hell, throw in a raffle or two, or a couple of free giveaways, and maybe even I'd show up. ;)

• Members

Drum circles and drum gatherings are some of the most fun you'll ever have. Heck, get in a room with a drummer buddy, set up more than one set, and just play! It's a huge blast. :)

Good luck with setting something up! Hope it works!

Archived