Help Pricing Paiste Dimensions Medium Ride 20"

DaveTAMA

• Members

Hi Guys, I need help for pricing my Dimensions medium ride 20" ... good conditions about 90%, no finger print, just dirty ... but if I am afraid the dirt is not easy to clean without sacrificing the coating ... :)

• Members

FWIW - I paid $150 for that same ride in very good condition a couple of months ago. That said, I didn't buy it from a private individual I bought it from a local drum shop. I would say somewhere in the $125 - $150 range. If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling yours? I absolutely love mine.

• Members

Hi Guys, I need help for pricing my Dimensions medium ride 20" ... good conditions about 90%, no finger print, just dirty ... but if I am afraid the dirt is not easy to clean without sacrificing the coating ...
:)

I can attest to the coating being WAY too easy to remove. I think it came off just handling them when it was hot and humid and I was sweating a lot...to be honest...

I'm very disappointed with Paiste and how they didn't step up and offer to fix the problem, (suggesting cymbal protector - when prompted, they said they could ship them overseas to have them recoated, but that would take a long time and so on... :roll:) - the part that ticks me off the most is I followed the directions on the bottle like any normal person would. It was afterwards that I went online and saw the "do not rub" when I was looking for the contact information -{censored}, I rub my glasses harder cleaning them...

I'm going to lose my ass selling these Paiste's that aren't even a year old.

I know I won't have this problem with Sabian. I had a sabian that was cracked, and it lasted me 2+ years as my only crash before it went "china" on me...

• Members

FWIW - I paid $150 for that same ride in very good condition a couple of months ago. That said, I didn't buy it from a private individual I bought it from a local drum shop. I would say somewhere in the $125 - $150 range. If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling yours? I absolutely love mine.

Honestly I had trauma with this ride, 5 years ago I used the old 802 not the 802 plus (the plus is not good). I was expecting better ride, different character than the 802 medium ride, but what I got was not ... its almost the same, I was really mad. and I had emailed Paiste in Switzerland about that. Even though I had compared the sound with the 2oo2 Ride and the result is exactly the same, nice ... pingy ... glassy ... very warm and controllable, I still hate this ride. Thats why my other tread is "how to change the looks of brilliant cymbals".. I want to change the look of this ride cymbal.

:)

Archived