Best drumset and cymbals for metal

logansc

• Members

I have two 22" AAX Metal rides (one on each side of the kit), and the bell on that really cuts, but is not nearly as ringy like a Zil-bel. What you should do is go out and try some cymbals out, and get the ones that you like the sound of. It's hard for us to say what cymbal will match the sound in your head, we can make suggestions to things that will point you in the right direction, but we can't hear the sounds in your head.

James

• Members

I have had limited experience with metal snares, but would recommend something copper. copper gives such a great sound.

+1 to the zil bell. I'm getting one shortly. A great bell sound all the time. Plus you can get a ride for the bow aspect of it instead of getting a ride for the bell and the bow. Do you have any other stores around besides a Guitar Center?

• Members

yeah, but they are all local shops that will have maybe 8 cymbals per store, which i'll check but I doubt they'll have anything, except some cheap zildjan packs and like one china and a ride or two and some crashes. We have a couple shops that make custom drums whose snares i'll check out too.

• Members

so, I don't really want to order a snare without trying it out, what are some good metal snares that they will have at GC (made of metal), because almost all of the ones they have at mine are wood.

What's your price range for this snare, b/c it can get really $$$$$$. Some good metal snares are just about anything made by Olcheltree (spirit of 2002, phantom, or drumtree), and bell brass snares are always nice. Personally, I like thick shelled metal snares and can personally recommend the Tama Handhammered copper snare, and the spaun bell brass snare (if you can find one). You should have not trouble finding a Pearl Chad Smith snare, but I can't comment on those, b/c I haven't played one but have heard good things about them. You should also think about a Pearl free floating snare, that way you can change the shells and have a completely different snare.

James

Archived