New Setup (and let's see yours!)

qwertyMan

• Members

Well, after having NO idea of what to do with my extra 8" tom (I have standard fusion sizes for the rest of my drums, and didn't feel like putting them all in order of size from smallest to largest), a setup idea hit me and I switched my drums around so they look like this:

52vheae.png

(The tom on the far left is a 9X12, the small tom on the double tom holder is 7x8, the tom to the direct right of that is 8x10, the snare is 5x14, the bass is 18x22, and the floor tom on the right is 14x14.)

Now, My drums aren't by Yamaha (it was a Yamaha configurator), and they aren't in that EXACT position (the cymbals wouldn't go lower :confused: ), but all the drums are in basically the same spots.

I think all of you should try switching around your setup. It forces you to be more creative and can be a lot of fun. For instance one cool thing I found out about my setup is that there are four inches in diameter between the 10" and the 14" on the right, and the 8" and the 12" on the left. It makes things symmetrical which is cool.

So if anyone else out there feels like sharing their setups go for it!

Oh and the drumset configurator I used was the Yamaha one.

• Members

I love having a floor tom on the left hand side! I'm going to get one for my new kit hopefully soon. You should really consider learning to play open-handed (if you don't already), as it opens up a lot more possibilities with that tom setup.

It's not exactly a floor tom; it's a 9"x12" rack tom. But I get what you mean.

And I might try learning to play open handed eventually. Carter Beauford ROCKS an open handed setup.

Anyone else got any setup pics/descriptions?

• Members

Nice RumStik!

What program did you use to make those pictures? I've been looking for a drum configurator that does birds eye views like that, and I can't find one.

It's just my original art, qwerty...it's one of the things I do. I've toyed with the idea of authoring a Flash or Shockwave configurator using this type of artwork, but I just don't have the time that it would take.

To actually answer the question, it's a combination of Adobe Creative Suite apps...Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign...

Archived