White Stripes Cancel Tour...Thank God!

turdadactyl

• Members

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

Good tits need a good face. It's like an unfinished painting.

Well, not exactly...if you turn the lights off and inspect each by braille, the boobs will still be good - maybe even better now that the face isn't an issue. Touching a painting in the dark will just get you thrown out of a museum.

Ummm...did I just get waaaaaaaaaaay off topic? :blah:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regarding the whole 'unrefined' concept, it's interesting in that this is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish with my project band. So many bands in the jazz/fusion genre are so stuck in the whole "technical perfection" mindset, they lack a lot of the raw energy that makes performances memorable. They end up being not much more than elevator music....technically precise and accomplished, but so soulless.

I've never heard the White Stripes, or heard Meg White play, so I can't really comment on them/her, but I understand the concept.

$0.02

• Members

Okay:

I couldn't let this one go by without some kind of comment. That Jack White has penned a handful of memorable songs is not in debate ( 7 Nation Army, Hardest Button To Button, the previous ones mentioned) That Meg White
is not a 'real' drummer in any way, shape, or form, is obvious. The whole thing comes down to this: it's THEIR DAMN 15 MINUTES AND THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT TO WITHIN IT:blah::lol: Of course, there's only one way to go when you're the ' hip' ones and the critics favourites.....down. Jack will continue with that side project of his where he's in a real band, and MEG will quietly go off and sell her kit on EBAY and buy a condo in the Caymans with all the royalties from their sales. Oh, on the ' performance anxiety thing? it can be very real and terrifying, and here's hoping Meg gets help for it. Let's face it folks, we ain't talking about Dostoyevsky here: I hear the Clock ticking, and their 900 seconds are just about up. The WS never outraged me, or Meg's lack of apparent ' skills' , hey, that's POP. They proved YEARS ago you don't have to be talented or even know how to PLAY to be a POP STAR:eek: ( Rob & Fab? Bay City Rollers? Monkees? ) so, my advice is: ...just C H I L L , and save your outrage for really weighty topics, like how Kanye West has Toooooootally Whupped Fitty's ASS sales wise!! I'm Throwin Fitty's RETIREMENT PARTY!!! WHOOO HOO!!!:blah::rolleyes::eek:
:thu::thu:PEACE:thu::thu:

• Members

Dude! It turns out the whole "anxiety" issue was because one of Meg's former boyfriends was holding a sex video over her head. Well, I guess she lost the fight, cause it's on the internet. I'll be a good boy and not post a link to it here, but if you really want to see it, start by Googling an XM radio DJ named Ethel on channel 47.

And if you ask me, it doesn't look like she's really enjoying it all that much. Too bad. :)

• Members
And if you ask me, it doesn't look like she's really enjoying it all that much. Too bad.
:)

I just watched it. I'm not convinced it's her, she looks a bit porky in the video, a lot chubbier than she usually looks. Dunno. The funny thing is, someone wrote something like 'she keeps losing her rhythm, which is SO meg white'

I had to laugh at that one.

• Members

Jack White makes up for Meg's faults

I totally agree! and you do have to admire someone who can make that much money from a skill they don't actually possess. and they do put on a good show. i find the ex-spouse/ sibling rivalry tension does add something to a performance! and there's nothing more dissappointing than watching a band sound exactly how they would do at home on your cd player for free... no one can accuse them of that. poor Jack has to change his rhythm all over the place to keep up with her.

• Members
Ooh, ooh! I want to FINALLY say something that may piss people off here. Y'all know I'm a friendly guy, but I draw a line with the White Stripes, and here's why:

I'm surprised hard working, dedicated musicians who practice dilligently and work very hard to acquire skill can be so hyporcritical as to support the White Stripes' success.

Aight, I'm done. That was fun.
:D

oh come on, she has to work twice as hard as people who can play drums properly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I just saw the white stripes a few months ago, and until I saw them live and up close I thought meg did terribly suck to the point of being hilarious.
And her technique doesnt exist at all, but Live , I saw her do some tasty laidback stuff and like mentioned before, she has a knack of putting in some simple but very tricky beats that kind of make the song.
And she just beat the crap out of the kit that night. I NEVER hit thin cymbals like she abused hers that night. Her ludwig candy apple red kit sounded so good that I moved closer to the speakers to hear better, and the kick started to give me heart palpitations from the sonic boom. So what I'm trying to say is I still dont like her, but I might just be starting to "get her" and I really did enjoy the concert. I think I respect her a little more now, but please dont dump a bucket of crap all over this post --- Its just an opinion and I can still add my .02 cents worth, right?

• Members

I actually listened to the white stripes and stopped after seeing them live. Jack is a great rock musician but as a drummer I am always aware of the pulse. I can't force myself to listen to the time shift that much. They are popular for thier unique-{censored}-style. It's raw, and gives you the idea that you can make this music. Let's face it. Most of the country are not musicians so most people don't listen to good musical performances. Some people probably just don't realize how much meg sucks. But thier popularity doesn't surprise me. Look at the pop charts first off. Proof that most of our culture are not musicians and we just want to {censored} the people who we claim are.
-Colby

Archived