The Governor Movie/GG members heads up

Mickey66

• Members

Hey all you Geezer Guild Members: I just finished a track for this Movie so....I thought some of you would like to give a listen...this Film won the Phoenix film fest and is going to the Sundance Film Fest. Here is the URL: http://theelectriclotus.com/live/ Enjoy...Oh! Use Headphones to listen if you have them. Mickey. PS: click on the music link and it will take you to the tracks page. PS,PS: Set used is my stock Pacific LX Kit all maple....20" Kick.... toms...10,12,14....snare 14"

• Members

I liked it. Your drums sound good. I liked how you built the intensity from playing the HH to the snare roll into a groove. In this situation, do they give you a chart? If so, were they underwritten, so that you can put you own interpretation on it or do they just play the tune for you and you color it as you see fit? It would be interesting to see the film and the music to see how they tie together. Did you see the movie before you played the piece?

• Members

The scene is called "Murder at the Motel" we viewed it(the scene) at the recording studio and then cut the track.... the Director was there as was the film's producer and the writer's as well...the guitar player and recording engineer wrote the instrumental track...the track was cut with a click-track...Gibson1967 gold top Les Paul guitar,Bass(Gretsch) and drums....everything else was an overdub. No charts were handed to us....this is not the norm....we were given an amount of time we had to play....1:52(we went over that for editing room) sec's this is also not the norm. I was told what type of fill's they wanted and where to put them in a vague way....pretty much a description of what the director wanted...remember they are in the film business not the music business so.... the lingo is different all the way around. We saw just the one scene but were given a free hand so to speak.

• Members

The scene is called "Murder at the Motel" we viewed it(the scene) at the recording studio and then cut the track.... the Director was there as was the film's producer and the writer's as well...the guitar player and recording engineer wrote the instrumental track...the track was cut with a click-track...Gibson1967 gold top Les Paul guitar,Bass(Gretsch) and drums....everything else was an overdub. No charts were handed to us....this is not the norm....we were given an amount of time we had to play....1:52(we went over that for editing room) sec's this is also not the norm. I was told what type of fill's they wanted and where to put them in a vague way....pretty much a description of what the director wanted...remember they are in the film business not the music business so.... the lingo is different all the way around. We saw just the one scene but were given a free hand so to speak.

That sounds like to fun, to have someone trust your experience and to pull from all your abilities to come up with textures that enhance the video. You've got to admire people like John Williams, huh?

Archived