Cocktail Drumsets

theDan

• Members

I'm looking into selling a few things of mine and picking up a Cocktail set. Do you guys know any companies that have them for fairly cheap? I've only seen them from custom companies (can not afford), HBdrums (don't know about the quality of their products), and Yamaha (still slightly too expensive). Or do you know a way to make them out of fairly simple materials (not too woodwork handy)

Thanks guys

EDIT: You guys know what kind of cymbals would go good with a cocktail set too? What size hats/crashes are standard?

• Members

Love the Whitney drums. And they are still in production. I visited JT's shop back in October and would totally get some Nesting Penguins if I had the cash.

I think some nice little 12" hats and a very rideable crash/ride would be perfect with a cocktail kit.

• Members

I read an article once about a drummer who put booze in his cocktail set during probation...it was pretty funny

and you can make a makeshift one with a floor tom, adjusted bass pedal, a snare drum, a cymbal and some extra little hardware doohickeys (for attaching the pedal, snare, cymbals, etc.)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm looking into selling a few things of mine and picking up a Cocktail set. Do you guys know any companies that have them for fairly cheap? I've only seen them from custom companies (can not afford), HBdrums (don't know about the quality of their products), and Yamaha (still slightly too expensive). Or do you know a way to make them out of fairly simple materials (not too woodwork handy)

Thanks guys

EDIT: You guys know what kind of cymbals would go good with a cocktail set too? What size hats/crashes are standard?

Here's the HB Cocktail kit for less than Tree Fiddy: http://www.hbdrums.com/product/HBCDSRET67/HB_RetroPhonic_Cocktail_Drums_Include_Free_Cocktail_Drum_Set_Bag_Set.html

And here's some killer Cocktail Chops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGBgDC3BLPA

• Members

I only say this because I got an HB add on drum for one of my kits and was APPALLED at how crappy this drum was. I've not been able to fit any heads on the drum....it's too big. No remos or evans will fit. Maybe I can use some calf skin......?

Never seen one up close, but that doesn't surprise me. I think there's a slingy for around $400 somewheres.

• Members

I bought a set of what I thought were a good value in drums from a gentleman..who shall remain nameless.* In further inspection the shells were Oval, The bearing edges looked as if they were cut by a poorly trained chimpanzee..ABSOLUTE POO!** Save your money for a real c. kit* Yamaha make a awesome c. kit. They just know how* build a drum shell!btw.. my moniker has NOTHING to do with the hb brand of drums. I'd tell you what it stand for, but I'd be opening up a big ol can 'o woims! Peace!*DONT EVEN CONSIDER hb!:freak:

Archived