4000th post-GG Roll Call

Carminemw

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Carmine,

You're welcome to come join me out here in the boonies.

Happy 4000!!

I'm THERE!!! Tell me where and how much sunscreen!!! DW I don't know what it's like where you are, but the weather is nuts here. One day it's in the mid 50's. the next it's in the 20's and 30's... It's been like that the whole winter...Danka for the invite..

• Members

Carmine:

If I had a dollar for every one of your posts, I could possibly make a down payment for a set of them Fancy Schmancy Italian Handmade Drums you keep drooling over ( from Tamburo, right?) :blah::lol::freak: but I digress.....Congrats on your 4k post, onwards and upwards to 5K and yeah, I'm still here. Seriously though Carmine, you really oughta put your recollections of spending 300+ dates on the road on paper before they fade off to where our car keys and socks hide:blah: would be an interesting read....' Confessions of a Circuit Drummer...or, if this is Tuesday, it must be.....Walla Walla?' snappy title to me;)

:thu::thu:PEACE:thu::thu:

• Members

Congrats on your 4000th. Don't let some of these young pups give you any grief. And Symbolic, I know your question wasn't directed at me but I'll answer it anyway. Color TV wasn't around when I was little. In fact, TV itself wasn't around. We listened to (gasp) radio. The radios were all big console types. Funny thing though, we'd all sit down and stare at the radio while we were listening. Can you imagine all these people sitting around looking at this big box with no pictures? Makes me laugh when I think about it now. Ah, the good old days. Well, we thought they were the good old days.??:confused:

• Members

Let me tell ya something Bill. There is one (if not many) advantage to the radio over ANYTHING ELSE (except for maybe reading). It stirs your own imagination and let's yo dream when you're fully awake. There's no pictures limiting you ideas of what is happening. It let's your own creativity come through..."the shadow knows" "the real "war of the worlds", jack benny...mystery theater... you could imagine anything...even have a different picture inside each time you listened...

• Members
Congrats on your 4000th. Don't let some of these young pups give you any grief. And Symbolic, I know your question wasn't directed at me but I'll answer it anyway. Color TV wasn't around when I was little. In fact, TV itself wasn't around. We listened to (gasp) radio. The radios were all big console types. Funny thing though, we'd all sit down and stare at the radio while we were listening. Can you imagine all these people sitting around looking at this big box with no pictures? Makes me laugh when I think about it now. Ah, the good old days. Well, we thought they were the good old days.??
:confused:

I wasn't referring to color TV, I meant color in general. So was this pre or post the discovery of America by the Vikings? Where there any dinosaurs left? I bet you could make some really big drums with those hides.;)

By the way I'm probably older than you think, or may appear.

• Members

Hey Carmine:

I was going back through the thread to where you were complaining about how cold it was around your next of the continent... something about ' some days its in the 50s, then its in the 20s or 30s......Tell ya what, why don't ya come on up here and I'll fire up the BBQ and cook some steaks up....its pretty mild lately, only getting down to MINUS 35 at night:freak: Hell Carmine, just layer on the clothes and we'll have a ball in the Winter Wonderland up here!! Hell, we still drive Bicycles in that !!

yeah....the cold has driven us nuts:freak:

• Members

I am in awe of your posting abilities. Everyone still likes you after 4000+ posts. Thats no small accomplishment either. If I posted that much I would probably get banned.

On another note; my ability to eat and read posts at the same time has nearly trippled over the past several months. If I have done the math correctly; at 4000 posts I should be about 1250 pounds heavier.

• Members

Carmine:

Yeah, I'm a little bit north of you; I'm in Ontario, Canada, so it ain't suprising that our weather is a little more Schzoid than your:freak: Worst winter we ever had was in 1972, I was 10. snowed almost a week straight. My mom gets up one morning and screams, we all run down the stairs, she had opened the back door to put some garbage out and snow had blocked in doorway, and I mean completely!:eek: We have pictures of me and my sister sitting on top of the snowbank in the back yard and you can clearly see the second floor window parallel to us....yup, I got on the roof and dived into the snow:lol: We even lost our car for a day or so it was buried. Winters are nowhere near as bad as that anymore ( thank YOU global warming) but this one's been a walk down memory lane for sure. Anyway, The offer still stands, you've never had steaks done right till they've been done on a BBQ stuck in the middle of a snowbank.

• Members

I was just about to write congratulations to your insane number of posts in such a short time, and was listening to Mastodon's Blood Mountain CD when I heard...

Rosebush current flow
Carmine river go
Solar storms erupt on the sun
Ice fields blanket land

And I wondered, what exactly does you name mean/stand for?

Either way, congratulations

Archived