CAMCO Drums

Mickey66

• Members

Oh man, those are seriously sweet. Is that a 24" bass?

My best friend in the business (a show drummer) has a Camco set that sounds killer. It used to be his primary set until he got his Eames.

Yes,I believe the kick is a 24"

• Members

I found this on Wikipedia:

The Camco Drum Company was originally a drum hardware manufacturer. The company did not begin producing drums until after a hostile takeover of the George H. Way drum company.

That's just a blurb. There is a LOT more to it than that. Chain pedals, Tama/DW, etc...

I found This article

Lot's o' pics:

http://camcodrummer.com/drummersnorthamerica.htm

• Members

Yeah I had one of the chain pedeals but I think it was a Tama, not long after Tama picked Camco up. I didn't read the wikip. page but I think Camco made the first, or the first good, chain pedal.

Ironically, it was wikipedia's article that was only a blurb.

I had a camco pedal just before it became "Tamco." It was a single chain. While the speed was there, the footboard had more travel than a dual chain or solid link pedal. Still, for it's day, it was very nice compared to some of the balky designs of the 70's and 80's.

I did appreciate the strap drive pedals that went to nylon or fiberglass back then. That is because while fast, the leather-strap pedals broke easily under a rockers foot.

Archived