OT: My experience with a Jehovah's Witness

TamaMan

• Members

Ehh - Apples to Oranges IMO. A tornado is something someone can see, another is someone belief. If I want info on someone's beliefs I will ask or research it myself not have them shove it down my throat.

Oh no, it's not apples to oranges. It's just that this particular tornado is invisible.:) Only the christians can see it. Everyone else is blissfully unaware of the doom that is forthcoming. You're living in denial, my friend.:eek:

Interesting you should post this right now because I had just finished watching part of (as much as I could take really) the video in HB's tagline. If you take this stuff seriously, it's not hard to understand why someone would be screaming "repent!" at you.

if we died today..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3nkt...eature=related

VERY dramatic. Very Hollywood, really. And listen to the panic stricken tones of voice from the preachers.

Personally, I question the love and morality of any god who would damn his creations to infinite punishment over finite crimes. This is a tactic to scare people into believing.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh no, it's not apples to oranges. It's just that this particular tornado is invisible.
:)
Only the christians can see it. Everyone else is blissfully unaware of the doom that is forthcoming. You're living in denial, my friend.
:eek:

Interesting you should post this right now because I had just finished watching part of (
as much as I could take really
) the video in HB's tagline. If you take this stuff seriously, it's not hard to understand why someone would be screaming "repent!" at you.

VERY dramatic. Very Hollywood, really. And listen to the panic stricken tones of voice from the preachers.

Personally, I question the love and morality of any god who would damn his creations to infinite punishment over finite crimes. This is a tactic to scare people into believing.

Wouldn't it suck if you were wrong,,,,??? PM me any questions.:thu:

• Members

Wouldn't it suck if you were wrong,,,,??? PM me any questions.
:thu:

Wouldn't it suck if you've been worshiping the wrong god all along? Think about it....

Besides, god has greater fish to fry than to worry about sending little 'ol me or you to hell over turning left when we should have turned right, or questioning when we weren't supposed to question. Shouldn't he be more concerned with all of the preachers who are earning huge sums of money while twisting His word to their own ends, or raping their congregation? I don't see any lightening bolts striking Robert Tilton or Benny Hinn or the numerous Priests going after the choir boys. I won't even get into all of the suffering this world is seeing that he could easily bring to an end if he chose to.

God himself is guilty of far greater atrocities than you or I will ever commit.

• Members

Finally got bored enough at work to read the thread, and I think this thread is awesome.

Disclaimer: I went to catholic school, have a roman catholic family, know lots about the catholic version of the bible, and don't try to push my religion on anyone.

However, my wife hates when the JWs or any other religion pusher comes around. Mainly because I pull out my bible and start comparing their version of the bible to mine, and start taking notes. I will get into long drawn out debates with door knockers over which interpretation of the bible is correct, and I can be entertained by this for hours.

I'm normally up before my wife, so she isn't up and around when this is happening. She hates it when people start trying to debate the finer points of who believes in the correct version of god. So, whenever she wakes up and realizes that we have door-knockers, she yells out from the back of the house, "I'm releasing the hounds!" Then she lets our dogs in from the backyard. It helps that one of them is a hundred pound black and tan German Shepherd. They normally high-tail it out of the front door as soon as the Shepherd starts barking and charging at them.

• Members

What do you think happens to us when we die? Just an OT question.. I'm not trying to force MY agenda on anyone..I'm just curious??? anyone???

Perhaps we die and rot like animals, perhaps not. Personally, I couldn't care any less about religion. It's completely absent in my life, for many reasons. Various encounters with christianity have left me with very little tolerance of the religion, though.

• Members

Wouldn't it suck if you've been worshiping the wrong god all along? Think about it....

Besides, god has greater fish to fry than to worry about sending little 'ol me or you to hell over turning left when we should have turned right, or questioning when we weren't supposed to question. Shouldn't he be more concerned with all of the preachers who are earning huge sums of money while twisting His word to their own ends, or raping their congregation? I don't see any lightening bolts striking Robert Tilton or Benny Hinn or the numerous Priests going after the choir boys. I won't even get into all of the suffering this world is seeing that he could easily bring to an end if he chose to.

God himself is guilty of far greater atrocities than you or I will ever

commit.

There is only one living God. The designer of every living thing. He created us in His image..for His pleasure.. While God is ultimately in control..we were created to have free will..It is man's shortcomings that have created all the atrocities. God is holy and righteous, He cannot look upon sin.

Sin is what keeps us from His presence. We can't blame God for the declination of humanity. We need to look in the mirror to see who is responsible for wars and murders etc. All the atrocities that are so easy for us to just blame away on God. I was where alot of you folks are in my unbeliefs..This is the last post I will make on this forum. I cannot sit by and watch as many members amble down the wide path of destruction. I will pray for all of you that maybe ..just by chance..my presence on these forums might have planted a seed. God is real.. That has been proven to me. I am a servant of Jesus Christ and am not ashamed of it. I have the truth..and is has set me free.. I pray that you guys will someday rethink your stance on God ominipotent existance and cry out for forgiveness.....If you died tonight in your sleep...where would you go?? Think about it seriously...time could be short. Prayerfully HB (James)

• Members

Let me just put it this way. My religious beliefs are personal. They are between me and my beliefs and I don't try to force them on anyone else. I find them too personal to talk about them with just anyone and I despise when someone tries to force their beliefs on me, religious beliefs or other wise. I didn't ask so don't push.

• Members

There is only one living God. The designer of every living thing. He created us in His image..for His pleasure.. While God is ultimately in control..we were created to have free will..It is man's shortcomings that have created all the atrocities. God is holy and righteous, He cannot look upon sin.

Sin is what keeps us from His presence. We can't blame God for the declination of humanity. We need to look in the mirror to see who is responsible for wars and murders etc. All the atrocities that are so easy for us to just blame away on God. I was where alot of you folks are in my unbeliefs..This is the last post I will make on this forum. I cannot sit by and watch as many members amble down the wide path of destruction. I will pray for all of you that maybe ..just by chance..my presence on these forums might have planted a seed. God is real.. That has been proven to me. I am a servant of Jesus Christ and am not ashamed of it. I have the truth..and is has set me free.. I pray that you guys will someday rethink your stance on God ominipotent existance and cry out for forgiveness.....If you died tonight in your sleep...where would you go?? Think about it seriously...time could be short. Prayerfully HB (James)

If this is in fact your last post, then good ridance. The fewer the mindless christian sheep around here, the merrier.

• Members

Hey, guys... Let's lighten up! :badump:

I will talk about your stories on my internet radio show, so here is my contribution to the thread. This is what I used to do whenever door knockers showed up at my house.

First of all, I welcome them with huge smile on my face, but still in all seriousness. I ask them to come in and sit down, and offer them refreshments. Then, when they are about to start their scripted speech about their religion, I interrupt and say,

"You don't know how excited and grateful I am right now. God appeared in my dream last night and told me that two (or whatever number they are) lost souls would come my way in the morning (or whenever the time is). God made sure I understood it is my holy duty to lead them to him. I skipped work to be home waiting for you, and I just got a phone call from work that I'm fired... But, it doesn't matter. I'm doing the holy work for God!"

At this point, the door knockers normally try to respond in some way, but they can't because they are so confused. Again, I interrupt them and continue...

"I am a long-time member of the International Gospel Federation of Church Crusaders for Jesus Christ (or whatever fake denomination name, I just make it very long), and I've been blessed with a gift of being able to talk to God all the time."

I pause at this point and look up the ceiling for a moment... If they say something, I stop them right away and ask them to be quiet.

"God is speaking to me again right now... Oh no... Oh no... He tells me not to let you go. He tells me that you need to be saved..."

And I turn to them, grab their hands, and act like I'm praying. But I just utter some nonsense words that sound like a spell. Then, I look at them and say...

"You have to pray with me. God has spoken... He says I'm the only one who can save you. Please repeat what I say in all sincerity. You are so blessed that you are right here with me right now. Pray with me... God just told me that I will burn in hell if I fail to save you. It is my chance to go into heaven... Please... Please pray with me... Please repeat what I say..."

I keep saying the nonsense spell and ask them to repeat after me with desperation. If they don't, I tell them more about me burning in hell.

You won't have to go through this whole sequence before they just stand up and run away. I used to do this when I was young to give them the same pain they cause to others.

The key is to be absolutely serious throughout the whole thing, and also you have to keep saying that you are going to burn in hell if you fail to save them. You should not say anything about them burning in hell because they don't care about themselves. By putting the hell argument on you, they just don't know how to respond... Keep saying that God is speaking to you, and look up to the ceiling pretending to listen to God whenever they try to say something.

I wish you guys could see this whole sequence as it happens. Their faces start to show confusion, then frustration, and it eventually turns to fear. They don't give you any excuse to leave. They just stand up and start walking to the door without saying anything. I follow them, grab them, and keep begging them that I will burn in hell if I let them go. I know it is kinda sick, but they had to experience it from the receiving side, too...

I once inserted a line,

"God told me to sacrifice one of my fingers to save you. You will have to pray with me till midnight and drink the blood out of my finger when I cut it off. Don't worry, I will sacrifice anything to save you. I hear God's voice, and I will do anything he asks me to do..."

But, I had to take this line out later because when I used it cops :cop: showed up after these people ran away from my house. Yeah, they searched the house and never believed me that I was just goofing around with these people. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a life-long Baptist... However, I just can't stand these poor souls who fell to cult groups. I stopped doing this act because it's just not fun anymore... My sister once saw the whole thing, and she said I should go into acting... :)

I ran into one of the door knockers on the street after I pulled this trick on him, and started to run toward him with my arms wide open. He ran for his life for the next 30 minutes... I was out there to run for 30 minutes anyway. :lol:

• Members

There is only one living God.

Not according to your christian beliefs, there are three. Christianity is a polytheistic religion, despite numerous claims to the contrary.

We can't blame God for the declination of humanity. We need to look in the mirror to see who is responsible for wars and murders etc. All the atrocities that are so easy for us to just blame away on God.

God's responsible for all kinds of wars. Read the story of Moses. Terrible atrocities, and according to the bible god told them to do it. Killing is taking place right now in the name of god. Killing, rape, profiteering, etc, all in the name of god, and god sits by doing nothing about it. If god is out there, he could solve so many problems and end so much suffering. He could clear up so many misconceptions, and it really wouldn't take much effort on his part. Yet he does nothing, and the suffering continues.

God is real.. That has been proven to me.

Well, if YOU can prove that god is real James Randi will give you a million dollars.

I pray that you guys will someday rethink your stance on God ominipotent existance and cry out for forgiveness.....If you died tonight in your sleep...where would you go??

Is "fire insurance" really a good reason to become a christian? Is fear of hell really something that should motivate people? If you were god is this how you would treat your creation, 'believe in me or burn for all eternity'?

When I was a christian it was never about fear of hell, it was about loving Jesus. But I can't follow a god so devoid of morality that he would treat his creations so carelessly.

• Members

Well hey, if you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then by all means, leave.

One less self righteous preacher for me to ignore.

See ya!

First of all, who says HB can't handle people disagreeing with him. He has his beliefs and he's doing what he believes to be right.

I don't see him being self-righteous at all. I don't see him forcing his religion down anyone's throat.

He seems to be motivated by fear so naturally threads like these which draw differing conclusions aren't going to jive. Can you imagine if we had a JW on the forum? I have no problem with HB sharing his thoughts. I'm glad he chimed in.

I don't understand why people get so upset over people expressing their views on threads like these. This thread is going to burn for a little while, and then everyone will move on and start talking about hi-hat stands again and it will disappear.

I'm just along for the ride.

• Members

Okay, here's my little story:

In high school I was taking a home remodeling class and we were at a home that we had gutted. There was a free standing door in it's case out in the driveway.

So me, trying to be mister funnyguy, I knock on this door and one of my classmates answers. When he opened the door I said in a nasally voice; "Hi I'm with the Jehovah's Witnesses, and um I'd like to give you some propaganda". Then I smile. He looked at me annoyed and said, "We don't hand out propaganda we distribute information".

I'm like, "Oh {censored}! I just witnessed to a Jehovah's Witness."

I think that was the last time we spoke that semester. :)

• Members

when will people learn that religious debates on the internet never go anywhere?

that being said, IMO you cannot prove or disprove god's existence, you just either believe for your own personal reasons or you don't.

Everyone's different in how they live their life, and thats something that should be celebrated. Why try to disprove somebody's beliefs (or lack of)? Just results in petty internet fights.

• Members

CHRIST ON A CROSS, HB...Stop preaching. I made this thread about JW's and how stupid their religion is, not how stupid yours is. Enough with the paragraphs upon paragraphs of that cosmic Jewish zombie you worship.

Anyway, I was away at a college visit until 5pm Saturday and just got back home now at 10 till 12, but I don't think the JW's came to my house.

Heres hoping they come back tommarow :poke:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I tell them I'm Baptist and that usually gets rid of them. If not, I open my Bible and show them that works, going to church, being baptized, being good or giving money will never get them into Heaven. It's Christ plus nothing that saves you. Everyone else spends eternity in Hell because that's what we all deserve for breaking God's laws. What a waste, there's no need for anyone to go to Hell. The price for our sin has already been paid by Christ on the cross. All we have to do is accept it.

FP

Great Stuff:thu:

• Members

Hey, guys... Let's lighten up!
:badump:

I will talk about your stories on my internet radio show, so here is my contribution to the thread. This is what I used to do whenever door knockers showed up at my house.

First of all, I welcome them with huge smile on my face, but still in all seriousness. I ask them to come in and sit down, and offer them refreshments. Then, when they are about to start their scripted speech about their religion, I interrupt and say,

"You don't know how excited and grateful I am right now. God appeared in my dream last night and told me that two (or whatever number they are) lost souls would come my way in the morning (or whenever the time is). God made sure I understood it is my holy duty to lead them to him. I skipped work to be home waiting for you, and I just got a phone call from work that I'm fired... But, it doesn't matter. I'm doing the holy work for God!"

At this point, the door knockers normally try to respond in some way, but they can't because they are so confused. Again, I interrupt them and continue...

"I am a long-time member of the International Gospel Federation of Church Crusaders for Jesus Christ (or whatever fake denomination name, I just make it very long), and I've been blessed with a gift of being able to talk to God all the time."

I pause at this point and look up the ceiling for a moment... If they say something, I stop them right away and ask them to be quiet.

"God is speaking to me again right now... Oh no... Oh no... He tells me not to let you go. He tells me that you need to be saved..."

And I turn to them, grab their hands, and act like I'm praying. But I just utter some nonsense words that sound like a spell. Then, I look at them and say...

"You have to pray with me. God has spoken... He says I'm the only one who can save you. Please repeat what I say in all sincerity. You are so blessed that you are right here with me right now. Pray with me... God just told me that I will burn in hell if I fail to save you. It is my chance to go into heaven... Please... Please pray with me... Please repeat what I say..."

I keep saying the nonsense spell and ask them to repeat after me with desperation. If they don't, I tell them more about me burning in hell.

You won't have to go through this whole sequence before they just stand up and run away. I used to do this when I was young to give them the same pain they cause to others.

The key is to be absolutely serious throughout the whole thing, and also you have to keep saying that you are going to burn in hell if you fail to save them. You should not say anything about them burning in hell because they don't care about themselves. By putting the hell argument on you, they just don't know how to respond... Keep saying that God is speaking to you, and look up to the ceiling pretending to listen to God whenever they try to say something.

I wish you guys could see this whole sequence as it happens. Their faces start to show confusion, then frustration, and it eventually turns to fear. They don't give you any excuse to leave. They just stand up and start walking to the door without saying anything. I follow them, grab them, and keep begging them that I will burn in hell if I let them go. I know it is kinda sick, but they had to experience it from the receiving side, too...

I once inserted a line,

"God told me to sacrifice one of my fingers to save you. You will have to pray with me till midnight and drink the blood out of my finger when I cut it off. Don't worry, I will sacrifice anything to save you. I hear God's voice, and I will do anything he asks me to do..."

But, I had to take this line out later because when I used it cops
:cop:
showed up after these people ran away from my house. Yeah, they searched the house and never believed me that I was just goofing around with these people.
:confused:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a life-long Baptist... However, I just can't stand these poor souls who fell to cult groups. I stopped doing this act because it's just not fun anymore... My sister once saw the whole thing, and she said I should go into acting...
:)

I ran into one of the door knockers on the street after I pulled this trick on him, and started to run toward him with my arms wide open. He ran for his life for the next 30 minutes... I was out there to run for 30 minutes anyway.
:lol:

LMAO!!

• Members

This thread is fast becoming cluster{censored} of biblical proportions. I love it!

How about answering the door with a giant dildo in one hand, dressed like Choda boy from Orgazmo? I'd say take it further but getting the Choda Boy costume on in under 3 minutes... not sure.

Archived