Excel templates for musicians?

elsongs

• Members

Does anyone know where to find Excel spreadsheet templates for musicians? I'm a solo artist with his own backing band, I want to track expenses for rehearsals and compensation while also factoring earnings from gigs and CD/merchandise sales. I can't seem to find anything like that on the Microsoft site.

• Members

Excel spreadsheets, in a basic form are easy once you get the hang of it. I bet you'd be able to custome make what you need.

First, come up with a good outline of what you're trying to accomplish. Write everything out that you want to track and figure out how the math works. The you can have someone program it for you. Good luck.

• Members

I did this on my own very simply. 4 columns. Date, Description, Income & Expense.

If you earned money the dollars went into the income column, if you paid money it went into the expense column. Very simple and it worked for me and the accountant.

If you make your descriptions as generic as possible and therefore sort on them at the end of the year it makes it easier for the accountant but you don't necessarily have to do that.

Archived