OT: Ramoes' Drummer Sues for $$

twosticks

• Members

In case anybody was bothered:

That sucks that the judge didn't rule in his favor. Having written record contracts, that clause that his case depends on is designed just for that... to cover any future distribution methods. The label is just failing to hold up their part of the deal and our legal system is supporting it. Which is a shame.

I recorded the Ramone's last studio record (Adios Amigos), which featured Marky on drums, so I never met Richie, but due to the friendships that I gained from those several months and all the hardships that musical "organization" has had to endure, I hate to see anyone of them get screwed!

• Members

That's cool... I'm sure they were a great batch to work with. I played in a band with some guys who used to do a Ramones tribute band up in the DC/Baltimore issue, and I guess played a bunch of shows with them, too. The Ramones were my first concert I ever went to, back when I was like 13-14 years old. I guess you could say they started the live music itch for me. (Is there a powder for that? It'd be way cheaper than all these gear purchases!)

• Members

That blows. He was their best drummer outside of Tommy. I mean, Marky is good and everything, but he lacked a certain energy. Its funny, in the Ramones Documentary 'End of the Century', he said he left the band because they werent giving him any merch money. Johnny seemed like kindof an asshole as a buisness partener...

• Members

I recorded the Ramone's last studio record (Adios Amigos), which featured Marky on drums, so I never met Richie, but due to the friendships that I gained from those several months and all the hardships that musical "organization" has had to endure, I hate to see anyone of them get screwed!

Wow, that's really cool! Good job on it btw, even if the band wasn't in top form.

It's a bummer about Ritchie's case being tossed. That's the music biz though; cold and greedy. He wasn't my favorite Ramone, but he did a great job on "Too Tough to Die".

For the record, Tommy was my favorite Ramones drummer. I read somewhere that the other three original Ramones said Tommy had NO impact on their sound whatsoever, which I find laughable since he produced their first few albums and his drumming defined early (and later) Ramones songs and albums.

Archived