Yamaha Stage Custom is Back?

twosticks

• Members

Was on Yamaha's web site last night. They now list the Stage Custom again! This time, is ALL Birch! Might be a lower grade of Birch? If it's anything like the old SC's, will be an awesome mid-line to pro entry set!

http://www.yamaha.com/drums/drumproductdetail.html?CNTID=5012721&CTID=5040575

What do you guys think? Any thoughts or comments welcome!:)

• Members

:eek:
They're doing away with the quick change SC lugs???

Those weren't very durable and people complained about them breaking, they have metal versions of the Noveau in their higher line sets but they probably counldn't afford putting those on the SC's without shooting up the price.

• Members

Those weren't very durable and people complained about them breaking, they have metal versions of the Noveau in their higher line sets but they probably counldn't afford putting those on the SC's without shooting up the price.

Yeah I had that problem on my stage customs for a little while, haven't broken one in some time though.

These new stage customs look wicked, and all birch! It'd be awesome if yamaha released an all-maple stage custom kit to really compete with the pear visions if they're in the same price range.

• Members

Yeah I had that problem on my stage customs for a little while, haven't broken one in some time though.

These new stage customs look wicked, and all birch! It'd be awesome if yamaha released an all-maple stage custom kit to really compete with the pear visions if they're in the same price range.

That's where the Tour Customs fit in. A mid line All Maple Set

http://www.yamaha.com/drums/drumproductdetail.html?CNTID=546851

They are very nice as well.

Archived