Was Buddy Rich really this nice?

Jerry20

• Members

You guys are living in a dream world, filled with punks and gang bangers. Good luck with your evening walks in the utopia world you reside in. (Oh yeah, your pocket protector is leaking)

You are a total {censored}ing moron. You haven't the slightest idea what I think, what I do, or what my ideals are. That's the trouble with dip {censored}s like you. Everything is stereotypical. Black and white. You can't take the time to understand what a real-life, everyday registered democrat or independent thinks and cares about. That would require thought, analysis and empathy. That's too difficult for you. And what's more is, you don't even realize what an ass clown you look like when you rant this stupid bull{censored}. It bespeaks of your intelligence [or lack thereof]. In a way, I feel sorry for you. To have to go through life with such a narrow, bitter outlook on your fellow men and women... It's no {censored}ing wonder people around the world hate this country. It's people like you that they see and hear speak. That pervasive attitude is what is responsible for a foreign policy that's done nothing but {censored} with other people's business ever since WWII. And if you don't think that has anything to do with the bull{censored} we are mired in today... You are dumb as a rock.

• Members

. In a way, I feel sorry for you. To have to go through life with such a narrow, bitter outlook on your fellow men and women... It's no {censored}ing wonder people around the world hate this country. It's people like you that they see and hear speak. That pervasive attitude is what is responsible for a foreign policy that's done nothing but {censored} with other people's business ever since WWII. And if you don't think
that
has anything to do with the bull{censored} we are mired in today... You are dumb as a rock.

HA HA HA The trouble with guys like you is that everything is allowed to be grey. I like defined parameters. I like RULES..... follow them or {censored} off!!

I like law and order, including people that I hire to WORK FOR ME. (like Buddies musicians, he hired them to play, not {censored} up , or {censored} around)

He told them what to do, play better or get the {censored} off his bus!! No one held a gun to their heads to stay. Part of the reason this country is great is a thing called Democracy and freedom of speech and freedom of MOVEMENT.

The guy that taped that rant was probably the biggest {censored} up in the band and either out of embarrassment or pride, thought he would somehow even the score for getting called on his shi tty playing.

Alot of people around the world also love "this country" as the U.S.A has saved their asses countless times, and protected those who were unable to protect themselves. The foreign policy has "{censored}ed with other peoples business since WWII" because more often than not, their business needed {censored}ing. Atrocities against the weak, atrocities against our country (I dont need to say the recent date do I?) Some people are loathe to act when they see things happen around the world, and thats your right , you ass-monkey, but dont come down on the people of action. Not all of us think that its OK to let other countries "sort themselves out" and let the strong ones come out on top. Speaking of that, I hope we visit MYANMAR soon and sort out those COMPLETE FUKKHEADS. But I guess thats a grey area and we should let another couple of hundred thousand die as they "sort themselves out"

Is it any wonder I fukkin hate you lazy hippie piss ants. "My narrow and bitter view on my fellow women and men" is directly molded by the inability of anyone to discipline the wrong doers today, due to that culture your type seem to foster. Anyhow, I see right, you see left. Lets leave it at that. You aren't gonna change me, I am not gonna change you. You live the way you want to, I will do the same. Peace out

• Members

Good lord! What are you guys doing?? This started off as a BR post and turned into insulting each other and name calling. Stop acting like children and respect each others opinion. I know I'm the old fart but it didn't take me all of my 71 years to understand that this kind of ranting is counterproductive as well as juvenile. Get over the testosterone rush because years from now you're going to look back and realize how silly this was. Stay loose. Bill.

• Members

Good lord! What are you guys doing?? This started off as a BR post and turned into insulting each other and name calling. Stop acting like children and respect each others opinion. I know I'm the old fart but it didn't take me all of my 71 years to understand that this kind of ranting is counterproductive as well as juvenile. Get over the testosterone rush because years from now you're going to look back and realize how silly this was. Stay loose. Bill.

Thanks Bill,

I have stopped, but it looks like limpnoodle is still itching for more. I guess he'll need to look elsewhere. If you read the last few sentences of my last post, I was more than happy to just leave it at a stalemate, but noodleneck is bound and determined to try to look smarter and cooler. Nice to see a cool head intervene. I didn't want to have to get nuclear on macaroni face.

• Members

Thanks Bill,

I have stopped, but it looks like limpnoodle is still itching for more. I guess he'll need to look elsewhere. If you read the last few sentences of my last post, I was more than happy to just leave it at a stalemate, but noodleneck is bound and determined to try to look smarter and cooler. Nice to see a cool head intervene. I didn't want to have to get nuclear on macaroni face.

:poke: :blah::rolleyes:

• Members

Na no fun to let it go.....LOL

Yeah your such a tough guy polarn.....you're real hard ass aren't you?....more likely some pathetic washed up has been high school bully who can't command even a shred of respect anymore so he gets his fill being the internet John Wayne....

You know every post you just spew ignorance and make yourself look stupid. I mean, if you knew anything about crime in north america you would know that violent crime rates have dropped consistently for the past 40 years and we now live in the safest period of human history.....but of course you must be an expert about the urban crime environment, and all your "punks and gangbangers" (LOL are you for real?), living up there in {censored}in yellowknife huh? To busy reading your asper newspapers I guess.....believing the rightwing fear fantasies created for gullible people like you.

My guess is you probably voted for Harper and have a deep and loyal love for Mulroney and other such corporate ass {censored}ing conservative canadians. It's funny but you talk alot about hard work and patriotism blah blah blah and yet you think like, and most likely support, the most LAZY class of rich people in the world, who have systematically sold off your country over the past 40 years to foriegn intrests (mostly american). To the point know where Canada is has virtually ZERO sovernty and has pretty much lost complete control over it's resources. People with such shameless desire for money that they would rather get ass {censored}ed by their hero american elite than stand up for the country that provided them their privileged opportunities, and give something back. I mean in your own {censored}in posts you talk about america and canada as if they are just one country. Aren't you proud to be canadian? Don't you have any {censored}in balls? Doesn't it anger you that your country, through NAFTA, has virtually lost all control over it's own natural resources? Get a {censored}in backbone man, and stand up for you country.

And you call me a tree hugging granolla cruncher (again with the lazy insults; can't you come up with an original insult of your own...please....? This whole thing would be much more challenging for me if you could.); what the {censored} does that make you? Nothing but a little sellout {censored} looking for approval from the real school yard bully who you wish you could be....mean while you miss the fact he's {censored}in you as well.

And then you presume yourself to be judge and jury over "wrong doers" when it's painfully obvious you don't have even the smallest grasp of what's going on in the world aside from the one created for you by Ultra rich conservative canadians. {censored}, you probably think Don Cherry is a "real smart guy" when it comes to world issues...LOL

The only lower form of life on this planet than a conservative american is a conservative canadian. You sir, are a traitor to your country just from your own attitude. You and the rest of your type; lap dogs; should be shot for treason against your own country. And you have the nerve to talk about patriotism, and hard work.

And I'm sorry wmcutter but its not going to take years. It's already happened. It's old, tired attitudes like his that have turned this planet into the potential disaster it is heading for, and is most likely to late to stop. And if this bull{censored} creeps up in a post about buddy rich or any other area, it will be responded too, because, quite frankly, I just don't care anymore. I'm gonna bitch slap ignorrance where ever I find it. And HE IS the very definition of ingnorance.

• Members

Those infamous bus tapes showed an ugly... no a VERY ugly side of a very talented man.

As much of a douchebag as he might have been towards those musicians in his band, there have been many 1st hand accounts from people interviewed over the years who knew him well, and they all paint him as a very generous guy who we shouldn't judge just by those tapes.

Who knows... maybe he was, maybe he wasn't really a douchebag. All I know is he had a massive ego bigger than life itself. He was an obsessive perfectionist. But you can't deny the legacy he left on the drumming world.

• Members

Thankfully attitudes like the primitive washed up conservative fall in line and obey; never question; goose step to the beat; ones above are quickly falling into histories dust bin where they belong.

While I do think that sometimes people do need a kick in the ass to get motivated; psychology has definitely showed us there are FAR better ways of extracting good qualities from people. And the kind of motivation delivered by guys like Rich, Miles, and James Brown is really in the end not very effective. Sure it may have worked for a few guys but that doesn't justify it as a philosophy. And obviously Buddy wasn't an Asshole 24/7.

It is nothing more than brainwashing as cited above. And all the "bleeding heard" "whiney liberal" crap is nothing more than a conservative corporate media created backlash to a preceved threat to their control. Slavishly lapped up by people who feel like the whole world is out to get them. Paranoid "anti terrorist" patriotic types, whose sources of information are tightly controled and never questioned.

Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit.

Emma Goldman

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it

George Bernard Shaw

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. quote verified at snopes.com

Hermann Goering

The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Twain

I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.

James Baldwin

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Samuel Johnson

Sorry to turn this into the political forum but ignorrance posted WILL be responded too.

The whole philosophy of the modern conservative (conservative, not republican) movement is to question, NOT obey, everything. :freak: However, I guess we can both agree that blind patriotism is (to put it bluntly) retarded. I'm patriotic because I like the rights, freedoms, and people of America, NOT because I was born here. If I was born into an America that did not have the rights, freedoms, and people that I like, I wouldn't be patriotic.

• Members

Na no fun to let it go.....LOL

Yeah your such a tough guy polarn.....you're real hard ass aren't you?....more likely some pathetic washed up has been high school bully who can't command even a shred of respect anymore so he gets his fill being the internet John Wayne....

You know every post you just spew ignorance and make yourself look stupid. I mean, if you knew anything about crime in north america you would know that violent crime rates have dropped consistently for the past 40 years and we now live in the safest period of human history.....but of course you must be an expert about the urban crime environment, and all your "punks and gangbangers" (LOL are you for real?), living up there in {censored}in yellowknife huh? To busy reading your asper newspapers I guess.....believing the rightwing fear fantasies created for gullible people like you.

My guess is you probably voted for Harper and have a deep and loyal love for Mulroney and other such corporate ass {censored}ing conservative canadians. It's funny but you talk alot about hard work and patriotism blah blah blah and yet you think like, and most likely support, the most LAZY class of rich people in the world, who have systematically sold off your country over the past 40 years to foriegn intrests (mostly american). To the point know where Canada is has virtually ZERO sovernty and has pretty much lost complete control over it's resources. People with such shameless desire for money that they would rather get ass {censored}ed by their hero american elite than stand up for the country that provided them their privileged opportunities, and give something back. I mean in your own {censored}in posts you talk about america and canada as if they are just one country. Aren't you proud to be canadian? Don't you have any {censored}in balls? Doesn't it anger you that your country, through NAFTA, has virtually lost all control over it's own natural resources? Get a {censored}in backbone man, and stand up for you country.

And you call me a tree hugging granolla cruncher (again with the lazy insults; can't you come up with an original insult of your own...please....? This whole thing would be much more challenging for me if you could.); what the {censored} does that make you? Nothing but a little sellout {censored} looking for approval from the real school yard bully who you wish you could be....mean while you miss the fact he's {censored}in you as well.

And then you presume yourself to be judge and jury over "wrong doers" when it's painfully obvious you don't have even the smallest grasp of what's going on in the world aside from the one created for you by Ultra rich conservative canadians. {censored}, you probably think Don Cherry is a "real smart guy" when it comes to world issues...LOL

The only lower form of life on this planet than a conservative american is a conservative canadian. You sir, are a traitor to your country just from your own attitude. You and the rest of your type; lap dogs; should be shot for treason against your own country. And you have the nerve to talk about patriotism, and hard work.

And I'm sorry wmcutter but its not going to take years. It's already happened. It's old, tired attitudes like his that have turned this planet into the potential disaster it is heading for, and is most likely to late to stop. And if this bull{censored} creeps up in a post about buddy rich or any other area, it will be responded too, because, quite frankly, I just don't care anymore. I'm gonna bitch slap ignorrance where ever I find it. And HE IS the very definition of ingnorance.

So you think conservatives should be shot for treason?

Wow.

Just... wow. Not even skinheads deserve to be shot, so long as they're not running around beating up people.

• Members

Those infamous bus tapes showed an ugly... no a VERY ugly side of a very talented man.

As much of a douchebag as he might have been towards those musicians in his band, there have been many 1st hand accounts from people interviewed over the years who knew him well, and they all paint him as a very generous guy who we shouldn't judge just by those tapes.

Who knows... maybe he was, maybe he wasn't really a douchebag. All I know is he had a massive ego bigger than life itself. He was an obsessive perfectionist. But you can't deny the legacy he left on the drumming world.

Before the thread was hijacked the point was made several times that BR was old school, he used the "they need a kick in the ass" approach to instruction, and may have actually been a non-douche in other personal relationships.

• Members

:lol: this thread is awesome.

as for Buddy, his drumming speaks volumes but I would be scared to play in his band. The way I feel about music should be fun, not militant. I believe he hired young no name guys so he could be the big pit boss. Again, no one was holding these guys there so I can't truly blame him for being who he wanted to be. Well whatever Buddy did outside of drumming really doesn't matter to me, because I look up to him as a drummer not anything else.

• Members

It reminds me of playing sports. I had a coach in high school that would lay into us if he saw us going through the motions. Sure, I may have not liked it then, but the guy sure managed to motivate the piss out of me and probably was one of the best coaches I had. Those tapes of Buddy remind me that. Like someone said earlier, two things. Either fix what he asks you to or leave. I don't really see a problem with it. Its not like they didn't have options and were physically abused.

• Members

Our band director for our university marching band was a hell of a guy. He would kick our asses big time. He yelled at us constently, many of which made buddy rich look like a bitch(hehe). However, when he wanted something done, it got done. A good example: Us bass drums were falling out of time in one part of a song. Our director came up to us and yelled things i can not say on this forum in fear of getting banned...WHILE WE WERE STILL MARCHING. He screamed and us til his face turned red and his neck viens popped out. Needless to say we kept our faces on the directors at all times for the rest of the semester. We haf better time because of it and it showed in our tunes we played.

• Members

Personally... I don't care what I'm doing and for whom. I get yelled at like that, they are getting the first thing in my hands thrown at them. I don't tolerate that {censored}. I respond well to calm, intelligent communication. I've left many jobs because owners/supervisors behaved that way.

• Members

I highly doubt it, and I think the greatest drummer that ever lived had a right to ask for 110% from his fellow artists. As for fighting or ganging up on him, he was a black belt in Karate, and his pure strength built up through years of honing his craft would have kept me from trying to mess with him. Instead, I would have taken the tongue lashings to heart and tried to please the man next time I was on the bandstand.

If you click on the link and watch the whole video and see a true master at work, you'll see HE gave 110% - so why could he not ask the same of the artists he was paying? Mr. Rich is the only drummer I enjoy watching and hearing solo, as all others are a pale imitation. Chaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgeX9iYOFSQ

• Members

Chaos........ I agree with you,Mr. Rich is the greatest renown drummer in the world and he had every right to expext his band members to excert 110% and if it took a in your face motivational pep talk to push them to the next level of honing their skills than so be it and they could just as easily walked away too.......Jack

Archived