How did I do? Tama HH stand

twosticks

• Members

While I was on vacation around Daytona Beach, I looked up music shops around the area. I happened to find one that was having a "tent sale" while I was there. It had just rained that day. They had some Tama hardware, a few Zildjian cymbals and some drum shirts on sale. I picked up a Tama HH stand (HH75W) like this one:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--TAMHH75W

on sale for $60! $63 with tax.

I had been using the Yamaha HH stand that came with my Stage Custom set. The tilter on it had become cross threaded and was thinking of either replacing the tilter or whole stand. When I saw the Tama on sale, I thought at least it would be good for a spare at least. I've played on it a little since I've been home and it works great! Only thing might be is that the pedal is so lightweight that when I get into delicate toe work on the hats, the heel part of the HH stand lifts on the floor at times. Other than that is a great HH stand.

So did I do okay?? IS listed as "RoadPro" gear and for the price isn't half bad at all. What are your thoughts?? Please Post!

• Members

Just looked at buying a new one of those at my m&p. $68.75. They give me 5% off though without even asking, so it would have been about the same price. I ended up buying the version one notch down. It was $50. I'm just using it to keep in the rehearsal space. I use a Lever Glide at home.

• Members

That will be a huge step up from my mid 80's pearl... probably too much... I will have to try them out, it is a complicated reason, but the short answer is I have an exposed nerve ending on my foot, and I am afraid the IC logo will poke at it, and that hurts like a bitch.

• Members

That will be a huge step up from my mid 80's pearl... probably too much... I will have to try them out, it is a complicated reason, but the short answer is I have an exposed nerve ending on my foot, and I am afraid the IC logo will poke at it, and that hurts like a bitch.

I play barefoot, and I don't even notice them.

• Members

I'm sure you didn't get burned twosticks. It's a good pedal. How far down the road it's worthy, I don't know. But unless your regularly giging 3-4 night a week, and you like the action, cool. The IC cheese talked about is the one I want, later. It's the {censored}. It may come with tit's, not sure.:freak:

• Members

Diggin the {censored} outta my flatbase right now, light as a feather and rock solid.

you bought that one?

I'm gigging the leverglide like cheese's, I've had it 10 years and it's still very dependable, but I want something lighter now I'm gigging more.

• Members

you bought that one?

I'm gigging the leverglide like cheese's, I've had it 10 years and it's still very dependable, but I want something lighter now I'm gigging more.

I bought it the day i made that thread. It's weird, that flat base stuff. I pick it up, and i think "Damn, this is light as a feather, but it feels and looks like a scrawny, weak, piece of {censored} that a horsefly would knock over. I dunno..."

But i set it down, and it doesn't budge one bit. There's some kinda voodoo in them thar stands. So far i've played 15" Giant Beats and a pair of 16" Twenty Crashes on them and they sit just as still as any other snazzy war tank hihat stand. They're a bit prone to wobble should you bump into them, but i like it that way. Light cymbals and light hardware are the two things that let the crowd KNOW you're rocking out hard.

Archived