Ebay deal of the year...

hwy145

• Members

I can not get into vintage stuff. I started playing in 1977. My first kit was 1968 Rogers. I couldn't stand the damn thing. 12 years later when I got any Tama Artstar I thought I died and went to heaven.

I think drums these days are a lot more accurate. They sound fuller and are a lot more massive then what they use to make 40 years ago. And for 5000 Gs you can get almost anything on the planet. Why bother with ancient history (unless you are a collector). If you ever need a 1940 Ludwig for a recording session, you can rent one. They'll bring it in sounding amazing.

That is only my take on the matter, friend. Artists work according to their gut feeling. If you feel that this is your dream set- go for it.

All the best.

• Members

I can not get into vintage stuff. I started playing in 1977. My first kit was 1968 Rogers. I couldn't stand the damn thing. 12 years later when I got any Tama Artstar I thought I died and went to heaven.

I think drums these days are a lot more accurate. They sound fuller and are a lot more massive then what they use to make 40 years ago. And for 5000 Gs you can get almost anything on the planet. Why bother with ancient history (unless you are a collector). If you ever need a 1940 Ludwig for a recording session, you can rent one. They'll bring it in sounding amazing.

That is only my take on the matter, friend. Artists work according to their gut feeling. If you feel that this is your dream set- go for it.

All the best.

You know I was joking right? That's a friggin' ripoff...

• Members

I don't think I would trust a "vintage" kit that came with hydraulics, and a customs...

Keystone badges and re-rings, not an Accent. And that price is ridiculous. Buy a standard for 700 bills and get the same {censored}ing tone. I don't give a {censored} about ringo so you'll never see me fork over several G's for a vintage luddie.

But if i found a natural maple 5pc in the Bonham sizes....

• Members

Keystone badges and re-rings, not an Accent. And that price is ridiculous. Buy a standard for 700 bills and get the same {censored}ing tone. I don't give a {censored} about ringo so you'll never see me fork over several G's for a vintage luddie.

But if i found a natural maple 5pc in the Bonham sizes....

I found a standard at a pawnshop for $150. I would have gotten it if I had the money...

• Members

We may frown on it now, but in that context, the albums sounded good. Tiny Dancer's a good example of vintage drums with hydraulics.

Or even better yet, any Bob Marley album.

For cardboard boxes, these sure sound {censored}ing amazing:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7HPIA&pwst=1&resnum=0&q=bob%20marley%20concrete%20jungle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

That's what i love about vintage drums, no matter how much you muffle them, that tone seems to stay.

{censored}, i want to buy some hydraulics now.

• Members

We may frown on it now, but in that context, the albums sounded good. Tiny Dancer's a good example of vintage drums with hydraulics.

Or even better yet, any Bob Marley album.

For cardboard boxes, these sure sound {censored}ing amazing:

That's what i love about vintage drums, no matter how much you muffle them, that tone seems to stay.

{censored}, i want to buy some hydraulics now.

nice vid. removing the batters is key. but we frown on that now too.

and keep in mind the old saying "its the player not the drums"

Archived