Need throne recommendation

jwideman

• Members

Okay, I've been using my computer chair for playing my drums (I have my kit near my computer) and while it was a very nice chair when I bought it two years ago, it is finally wearing out. So now I want to replace it with a drum throne that has a backrest. Any recommendations?

• Members

Lots of good choices out there. I'm happy with a basic Roc n Soc.

Main thing is to NOT go cheap - your back is worth it. Make sure that thing is rock solid. Look them over real good and try them out at a store.

A cheap throne, while it might feel solid at first, will soon start wearing out and getting loosey-goosey. Don't want that. Your back will thank you.

ETA: yeah, the Gibraltar is good, it had the same base as my Roc n Soc. I wished I'd gone that route, as I replaced the seat with a Soundseat retro-fit (stylin' yo).

• Members

I'm diggin' on my Gibralter nitroshock throne, bike-style seat w/ backrest. Have had it for, oh, I'm guessin' 10 years or so. Has never failed to perform its supportive duties adequately and comfortably.

How is it for sitting on for long periods?

• Members

I have a Hydraulic Roc 'n' Soc w/ the additional backrest. never looked back.

Took me a little to bit used to the "bounce" on the hydraulic, but now I love the little give it has while playing. (I would imagine your weight plays into how much "bounce" it has though. I'm 6'-0", 185lbs)

Type In; Thrones, Stools, Roc n Soc, etc... into the search function. There are many reviews of the various butt-elevators.

• Members

I have a Hydraulic Roc 'n' Soc w/ the additional backrest. never looked back.

Took me a little to bit used to the "bounce" on the hydraulic, but now I love the little give it has while playing. (I would imagine your weight plays into how much "bounce" it has though. I'm 6'-0", 185lbs)

Type In; Thrones, Stools, Roc n Soc, etc... into the search function. There are many reviews of the various butt-elevators.

+1. Also look into pork pie.

• Members

Apparently Gibraltar didn't renew their patents and Sound Percussion has picked up some of their designs. I checked this one out at GC a couple of days ago:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sound-Percussion-Embroidered-Drum-Throne?sku=445666

the store was selling it for 99.00 in-store. I'm thinking of getting one myself!

• Members

Apparently Gibraltar didn't renew their patents and Sound Percussion has picked up some of their designs. I checked this one out at GC a couple of days ago:

the store was selling it for 99.00 in-store. I'm thinking of getting one myself!

How much ya wanna bet that Gibraltar is making it?

• Members

Dude, GC is in bed with Kaman -- Kaman owns Gibraltar -- GC owns Sound Perc -- Gibraltar makes Sound Percussion for GC.

Archived