Blue set with a red snare..... Ugly???

MattACaster

• Members

I think I'm going to pickup one of those DDrum S4 Maple Snares but the 14"x7" one only comes in a red burst. I've having trouble picturing that along with my set of blue Pearl Exports. Would that just stand out to the point of being ugly?

I know I really shouldn't care what it looks like, but aesthetics kind of matter to me....

• Members

If it were me, and it was the snare drum I really really wanted, I'd get it and not worry about it. I've seen that color setup before. Cool if you're a Buffalo Bills or New York Giants fan or something :). Looks fine to me. I'm not as picky about looks like that than you are evidently.

With so many snare drums on the market, I'd think you'd be able to find one that comes in a more complimentary color and of comparative quality. If you worried about the looks, try to find a different snare if this one only comes in red. If you don't think you can get past the look, don't buy it.

If you're like me and the look's not as big a deal, buy it. You're the one that has to live with it.

• Members

If it were me, and it was the snare drum I really really wanted, I'd get it and not worry about it. I've seen that color setup before. Cool if you're a Buffalo Bills or New York Giants fan or something
:)
. Looks fine to me. I'm not as picky about looks like that than you are evidently.

With so many snare drums on the market, I'd think you'd be able to find one that comes in a more complimentary color and of comparative quality. If you worried about the looks, try to find a different snare if this one only comes in red. If you don't think you can get past the look, don't buy it.

If you're like me and the look's not as big a deal, buy it. You're the one that has to live with it.

I think I have a slight OCD problem which is why the color might bother me. But from what I've heard, for the price you can't beat those DDrum snares. Perhaps I just need to suck it up, huh? :lol:

• Members

Cool if you're a Buffalo Bills or New York Giants fan or something
:)

or if you're a super man geek ;)

but seriously though... I float around ghost note (a drum building forum) and I've seen a number of sets with red and blue. neither of those colors are my cup of tea, but I'll be the first to admit that those colors work pretty well together. :) go for it dude. I love the cast hoops on Ddrum snares. cast hoops alone will run you around $80 I can't tell you what kind of quality they are because I have no experience with them, but if you like them, don't let the color stop you!

• Members

For one, I have to agree. Who cares what color the snare is? I actually HATE playing drums with a matching snare. I do HAVE one matching snare for my kit -- it bugs me because it sounds so good that I have to use it sometimes. :lol:

On the other hand, I gotta disagree about ddrum snares. They LOOK wonderful, but they have some real quality control issues. You can get something cool-looking that's used (maybe even vintage) for the same cash and have something with way more mojo. There are plenty of great sounding drums out there for sale and the economy is weak -- I say pick up something used from a top-name maker and play it! If you don't love it, you can always sell it again for the same cash. Ddrum resale is non-existant.

• Members

Not to hijack the thread, but I agree with the statement against the wonder of ddrum snares. I bought one (a limited edition at that) and quickly turned around and sold it.

If you want a cheap but awesome snare, look at an Acrolite, a Pearl signature series (like a Chad Smith or an Omar Hakim) and sometimes Mapex. I'm not knocking ddrum snares in general, but they are not what I would consider the standard-bearer in affordable snares.

Archived