Kits with no toms?

jdwhitak

• Members

A kit with no toms is like a chick with no tits.

Actually, I have been throwing around the idea of not only getting rid of my toms but my kick too, and my Hi-Hat...basically everything but my throne. I figure I will just sit there and bob to the music whilst snapping my fingers.

• Members

A kit with no toms is like a chick with no tits.

Actually, I have been throwing around the idea of not only getting rid of my toms but my kick too, and my Hi-Hat...basically everything but my throne. I figure I will just sit there and bob to the music whilst snapping my fingers.

LOL :lol:

• Members

I took my kit to play in a church before and only took my kick and snare, along with hi hats and my ride. It was really fun, it does force you to be creative with what you've got, and you find yourself playing patterns on all sorts of things, the rim of the snare, the bass drum hoop, cymbal stands, whatever.

• Members

Saw a neat band playing an outdoor gig in the local park for a Summer Festival here today. Girl drummer, no toms. Snare, bass, hats and ride. She was a great player, but honestly after the third song the drums got very predictable. :eek: Other folk around me were making the same kind of comments. :poke:

• Members

Considering how little most drummers use the toms, it's kind of strange you don't see it more often. I think it would be much more radical and interesting to keep the toms and remove the snare, and remove the hihat keeping only crash and ride cymbals. :wave:

Archived