Cymbals that should never been made

BLS_1

• Members

Zildjian - Bill Stewart K Custom Dry Complex rides the first editions absolutely awful sounding cymbals.

I don't know, in the right context I think it's awesome. I seen him play two weeks ago with Scofield, it's great for trio jazz. That nasty ping goes perfect with an upright.

• Members

I'll second the HH Leopard series crashes. I'm a huge Sabian supporter, but when I first hit one of those, I though something was wrong with my drum stick. :)

The Zildjian Pitch Black cymbals are just awful sounding. I mean... yeah, just awful.

Any cymbal made by Camber was horrific, though adequately priced.

• Members

I had some awful sounding B8 and Zidljian Scimitar cymbals.

As for the Rocktagon cymbals, Dave King used to use one quite a bit back in the day. I saw him play on a three piece (snare, kick, floor) with only hihats and the Rocktagon, and it was amazing. It was like a china crossed with a ride, but shimmery. He got a lot of sounds out of it.

• Members

Everything made by Factory Metal Percussion (Cross Crasherz, Gothic Disc, Crash Benderz, to name a few).
Also, those new Hammerax Cymbals. They sound really cool, but they're overpriced, and I could never find a practical use for them:idk:

Archived