Pro Drummer Wanted For Band w/ Label Interest & Radio Play

BionicMark

• Members

What a coincidence you all would be talking about amps.. I've been looking for one for my studio room for guitar players to play when they come jam, and myself when I feel like pickin some scales.

I'm torn between three amps at the moment in my price range, Vox ac15, Fender bassman through a Avatar 1x12 cab, or a line 6 flextone with extension cab. All can be had for the same money, and all three would do what I need. The line 6 I wouldn't have to mess with replacing tubes and stuff.

Oh wait, I'm a drummer now..

So I guess it's which ever one sounds better when I hit it with a stick right?

• Members

I figured you were reffering to fender amps in general. But i've heard tiny little tube fenders that have had some seriously sweet tone. The man who was playing it is in Sri Lanka currently, so, sorry, no clipage.

No, the tube champs can do some mean blues...teh old tweed amps too...

But, that being said, they certainly don't give the "ker-RANG" of a Marshall turned to 11.

• Members

What a coincidence you all would be talking about amps.. I've been looking for one for my studio room for guitar players to play when they come jam, and myself when I feel like pickin some scales.

I'm torn between three amps at the moment in my price range, Vox ac15, Fender bassman through a Avatar 1x12 cab, or a line 6 flextone with extension cab. All can be had for the same money, and all three would do what I need. The line 6 I wouldn't have to mess with replacing tubes and stuff.

Oh wait, I'm a drummer now..

So I guess it's which ever one sounds better when I hit it with a stick right?

Line 6 sucks, and that's my well educated and experienced opinion on the matter.

If you want a good all-around amp, the Peavey Classic 30 (combo if you want)

I've thought about picking one up a number of times, just something distracts me from it and I forget about it.

• Members

Line 6 sucks, and that's my well educated and experienced opinion on the matter.

If you want a good all-around amp, the Peavey Classic 30 (combo if you want)

I've thought about picking one up a number of times, just something distracts me from it and I forget about it.

Will that classic 30 get that gritty bluesy voxy beatles tone? And are you talkin new classic or old?

The bassman is the silverface head, its got new tubes but has a noise in it, I'd have to have some work done on it, prolly needs biased. But the Avatar cab I want to run it through has a celestion in it and still has tags on it for 100$

• Members

{censored}ers, my moded 10" champ reverb is better than EVERY amp you guys mentioned.

Better than the JVM410H? Hardly, unless you're talking about a complete overhaul, not a mod, and even then...the amp is a freakish monster of an amp.

Mod is changing a couple values here and there, like snipping a bright cap or adding/changing a cathode cap value...

Overhaul is adding a tube/gain-stages, or redoing the preamp section as a whole.

• Members

Will that classic 30 get that gritty bluesy voxy beatles tone? And are you talkin new classic or old?

The bassman is the silverface head, its got new tubes but has a noise in it, I'd have to have some work done on it, prolly needs biased. But the Avatar cab I want to run it through has a celestion in it and still has tags on it for 100$

New classic should get there.

Clips on peavey's site.

• Members

Better than the JVM410H? Hardly, unless you're talking about a complete overhaul, not a mod, and even then...the amp is a freakish monster of an amp.

Mod is changing a couple values here and there, like snipping a bright cap or adding/changing a cathode cap value...

Overhaul is adding a tube/gain-stages, or redoing the preamp section as a whole.

I made an 8" amp hold a 10" speaker, changed the tubes, and hand-wired the reverb box to my liking.

• Members
I figured you were reffering to fender amps in general. But i've heard tiny little tube fenders that have had some seriously sweet tone. The man who was playing it is in Sri Lanka currently, so, sorry, no clipage.

Just for cross eyed Mary, My little Fender tube amp sounds great!
66Fenprincrevrb.JPG

And the Raveonettes seem to like Jazzmasters, so do I
Jazz.JPG

Archived