my custom diy all in one drum case

BBDrums

• Members

You like????

I needed an all in one drum case I was sick and tired of walking from the trailer to the stage with a couple of pieces of hardware and forgeting this and that so this puppy holds everything.

It's like a drummer all in one box it stands 39" w casters (4") 27" wide fit through all gigs I do. and only 48" long.

cost was about 350, 2 sheets of 1/2 ply except bottom 3/4" and some baffels 1/4".

I have a 24" kick, 14" and 16" (F) tom. DW 9000 hardware; 3 snare stands, 2 booms, 1 straight. audix D series mics 2 overheads, Mackie 12 channel mixer. double DW pedal and double pedal hi-hat (accesories pedal). and nitro seat comming soon but have gibraltar seat now. and all wires and other S**T I might need for gigs.

The cymbals slide into the draw (full extension) the toms go into the door area on the bottom (still need padding). the snare and all hardware go in the top part so you don't have to bend over as far. I figured thats where you will spend most of your time anyway, messing with stands and pedals so I made that area waist level.

I was going to buy one but could not find one on the market, I could of had one of the big names build me one but shipping would of forced me to take a loan out. :eek: So go it along and build what you need.

thought you guys would like to see it.

drumcase041.jpg

drumcase043.jpg

drumcase046.jpg

drumcase042.jpg

drumcase045.jpg

It has been a long time coming.

I talked about this on threads here a long time ago maybe some of the old timers would remember.

• Members

That thing looks awesome, very professional. Now you can roll the "Truck" right up to the stage.

No need to shes got a motor also............:rolleyes:Just kidding.

Thanks TwistedZ and manoeuver.

But it does roll with ease, in fact when I push her in to halls and bars where we play you just give it a little push and it goes and goes. I think it has to do with the weight. empty she weighs a little over a hundred pounds and full well I really don't know how I would weigh it loaded. But with the 9000 series hardware I would bet about 225-300 #. Small price to pay for an all in one.

If I had a larger kit I could make it fit if I had a smaller bass drum if not I would have to make the thing longer.

All I can say is from the trailer down the ramp into the area and next to the stage. Haaa no more back breaking load in and outs for me and my drums.

I'll take a picture tonight with it loaded before I set up and take a pic of kit all set up.

• Members

Thanks guys!

It's funny you say that you want one and am I taking orders cause I am starting a web site to sell custom flight/road cases and I am a licensed Bill Fitzmaurice Loud Speaker builder which I also will be selling on line.

Next month when I get the site up and going I will post it so people liking the custom drum case will have a chance to price out there own, with custom features unlike any you will find unless custom made yourself. The site will be designed so anyone can build there own case virtually online, and get a price for it. But also with any custom (features/doors/compartments take time to build) comes a heavier price but it is matched with the quality. (store bought'n ones are ok but are made cheap I don't know how they make money selling these)

I will also offer regular flight cases with very competitive prices.

If anyone can't wait and want to custom build one over the phone or through email they are welcome at clearsounds@roadrunner.com or PM me. with kit size and special needs and wants.

• Members

You did an excellant job BB! Nice work.

I remember your post about an all in one case. Which honestly sounded, well, crazy. But I like that. Yea, it's heavy I'm sure. But so are PA amp racks, sub and mid cabs. It's a "band", so everybody grab a corner if you have to go up or down stairs. You should put some comfortable handlles at the bottom corners/sides in the event ya get in that stuation.

I like it man.

• Members

A buddy of mine had one years ago that loaded everything but his cymbals, they went on the front seat with him. It was made to fit through a standard doorway. So he'd roll it out on the club and, tilt the front up into his toyota pickup, then lift the back and roll it in - he was done!

Looks like you did an excellent job on yours! Very pro looking!! I especially like the drawer for the cymbals.

• Members

Everything you see here set up is in the case. YOu can't see the 14" tom which is under the blue mackie mixer case out front and the 16" F tom and Snare are in the door.

Also the wuhan china doesn't fit to well in with the other cymbals so I measured that wrong. I was suppose to have a bolt in the middle for the cymbals to go on but can't at the moment. Also the clutch is still on the top hat, I found it easier on the DW one case it takes a drum key to take off and on. Which is not a prob but I try to use my time wisely and keep it on to also loosen and tighten the top rod of the hat to take apart or put together.

I almost forgot to take pictures so this what I got after i loaded up.

This is what I'm packing :eek:

drumcaseloaded003.jpg

drumcaseloaded001.jpg

drumcaseloaded006.jpg

drumcaseloaded004.jpg

This is it all packed away in a 4'LX27"WX39"T area. :thu:

drumcaseloaded039.jpg

drumcaseloaded040.jpg

• Members

Very nice man...I do know about all in one cases...had one. took 4 of us to lift it into the truck. It's wonderful though when you have it all right there in front of you...I especially like the puppy door...neat!

Make sure you have good paddign inside if you drums are raw and not covered...way2go!

• Members

?? for the OP - Can you tell me where you found the extruded aluminum for the lid section? I've been wanting to make my own cases for a long time and had looked repeatedly, but that is the one item I've never been able to source. Without the tongue&groove pieces the lids never sit right and the butterfly clamps don't hold as well either. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Your case looks great btw! Very creative solution to the age-old problem of too much stuff to haul around!:thu:

• Members

?? for the OP - Can you tell me where you found the extruded aluminum for the lid section? I've been wanting to make my own cases for a long time and had looked repeatedly, but that is the one item I've never been able to source. Without the tongue&groove pieces the lids never sit right and the butterfly clamps don't hold as well either. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Your case looks great btw! Very creative solution to the age-old problem of too much stuff to haul around!
:thu:

http://www.reliablehardware.com/

Right around where you live CA. It is a bit shipping over to me but probably not as bad for you.

• Members

not%20worthy.gif

Your too kind....but you got the right idea. :p

My wife thinks I spent too much time on this build cause there was a lot of thought that went into this and it still isn't done I want to make pockets in the cover to hold things and baffels to seperate things better.

She told me one morning, cause I was so obsessed with the build she thought I would want to be buried in it. :facepalm:

I admit I was obsessed with it for a while but I told her "it's just another case, honey" :rolleyes:

• Members

http://www.reliablehardware.com/

Right around where you live CA. It is a bit shipping over to me but probably not as bad for you.

Thanks
:thu:

Thanks BBD! You've turned me on to the Holy Grail of case/rack hardware! I can't believe I never found that place after a multitude of of internet searches AND the vast collection of suppliers from the cabinet shop I worked for. You just made my day!

Archived