Rivets, anyone?

cdawg

• Members

i just got an ebay "gem":

22" meinl byzance jazz thin china w/4 rivets. it's so sweet, i'm gonna cry. i've been looking for a china that isn't so damn thick, something that i can ride a little. this has sooo much to offer at many volumes. anyway, here's my question:

what are your favorite rivet cymbals?

• Members

i just got an ebay "gem":

22" meinl byzance jazz thin china w/4 rivets. it's so sweet, i'm gonna cry. i've been looking for a china that isn't so damn thick, something that i can ride a little. this has sooo much to offer at many volumes. anyway, here's my question:

what are your favorite rivet cymbals?

I actually have a Bosphorus Traditional 18" crash that has two rivets and it's like butter! Love that crash. Rides with rivets are pretty tough to control unless you are playing jazz and need that wash.

• Members

I rivet my china's, and my bottom hihat

anybody rivet the heavy chinas? i have one i don't use, but was thinking of selling. might just drill it up if rivets would help. anyone?

• Members
My 18" wuhan is kind of heavy, and it's riveted. I use a drill press, and racing rivets along with small washers.

ok, here's a question or 2 for ya:

how have they changed the sound for you/were they riveted before you played them?

any sound difference/reason to play them upside-down/rightside-up, other than riding(rightside?) always wanted to know that one. i just always played upside-down to avoid "hurting" sticks and china.

• Members

My 18" wuhan is kind of heavy, and it's riveted. I use a drill press, and racing rivets along with small washers.

ok, here's a question or 2 for ya:

how have they changed the sound for you/were they riveted before you played them?

any sound difference/reason to play them upside-down/rightside-up, other than riding(rightside?) always wanted to know that one. i just always played upside-down to avoid "hurting" sticks and china.

They sound like a china with rivets, more wash, and that cool sound. I did the work myself with a drill press, made quick work out of the cymbals in no time flat.

They are the way they are, simply because I like the way they sound that way better than upside down.

Archived