20 inch A Custom Hi-hats

drummer_bum

• Members

So much for your college education. You should seek a tuition refund.

My use of that comma is correct, and your sentence is missing one, in addition to one regulation upper case A.

hey jackass, we're BOTH right:

Use a comma to separate the elements in a series (three or more things), including the last two. "He hit the ball, dropped the bat, and ran to first base." You may have learned that the comma before the "and" is unnecessary, which is fine if you're in control of things. However, there are situations in which, if you don't use this comma (especially when the list is complex or lengthy), these last two items in the list will try to glom together (like macaroni and cheese). Using a comma between all the items in a series, including the last two, avoids this problem. This last comma

• Members

{censored} off, dickbreath.

I am an douche nozzle.

You'll find me on the business end, getting things done, while you lazy-ass douche bags hang on your {censored}in' hooks demonstrating what being full of douche is really all about.

• Members

WOW! I missed a lot!

I'm on my BB right now and can't check the vid out but I will when I get home.

Here's my question with these hat's and anything 16" and up. Doesn't a larger set of hats result in a slower response from the pedal and stand, thus less articulation in regards to sticking?
I'm not being critical with them for anyone whose using them and is into them.
It just seems to me, for what a hi-hat was intended to be, or developed into, you would loose that ability with such a large cymbal.
Someone, say CEM, enlighten me or the OP.

Thanks

• Members

WOW! I missed a lot!

Here's my question with these hat's and anything 16" and up. Doesn't a larger set of hats result in a slower response from the pedal and stand, thus less articulation in regards to sticking?

It just seems to me, for what a hi-hat was intended to be, or developed into, you would loose that ability with such a large cymbal.

Thanks

I don't have the money to buy 2 20" A custom rides, but the guy in the vid must have a hell of a stand

• Members

I don't have the money to buy 2 20" A custom rides, but the guy in the vid must have a hell of a stand

Well, I can understand that

Any 20" set of decent hats would be expensive.. I REALLY think 20" is way over the top without even seeing the vid yet. But I've been thinking this since even seeing the 16"..

It just seems that one would give up a lot of variation and play ability for the sound of two crashes that yes would be different, but is it worth it?

And, honestly, I'm not trying to stir {censored} here..

• Members

O.K. I saw it. Not impressed. Very "sloshy" sounding, (that may not even be a word) too much so for me anyway. I don't think it opened all the way up once, but SBS doesn't call for it to I don't believe. That's not a very good representation for me to comment on my question anyway.
But if you're into that, run with it.

• Members

WOW! I missed a lot!

Thanks

I haven't noticed a great reduction in response, granted most 18's are of a thin variety. The sound is definitely sloshier than something like 13's (which, to me, are too "ticky" and chirpy), so no, you won't get Copeland sticking out of them. Though with proper foot pressure, you can get a tick that passes for 15's.

This sums up what 18" hats are about for me.

• Members

I haven't noticed a great reduction in response, granted most 18's are of a thin variety. The sound is definitely sloshier than something like 13's (which, to me, are too "ticky" and chirpy), so no, you won't get Copeland sticking out of them. Though with proper foot pressure, you can get a tick that passes for 15's.

This sums up what 18" hats are about for me.

true, true. like i said earlier, i'm using 17" med thin k's. they sound pretty sweet. crisp enough to control, washy enough--but controllable. plus, i keep them open enough to crash them. had to adjust the action a little, but the top pops like a 14.

Archived